I fucking hate macintosh!

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Tech Support
It is ridiculous.
I make a screenshot in jpg and I can't open it with pixen, because it doesn't seem to support jpg.

But the fucking screencapture software doesn't let me choose, what extension I want to have.

Is this fucking system made for retards or by retards?

Comments

• WarlockWarlock Member Posts: 66
    Um, wow. That's all I have.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    isnt there an app for that?

Besides pixen is pain anyways.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Why? you don't hear that word on the street?

Ok, then let me articulate my anger in another way:

Oh, what a lovely system made by nice men, which assures that I have to spend my life to look for solutions solving nice little problems which is not a problem anywhere else.

My dear, how I love to spend hours to copy+paste my pictures one by one throuhgh USB to windows just to be able to edit them. I am thankful for the man, who invented apple and I wish............... he will rot in hell after he died in cancer.

------

Pixen is the app, which is mentioned in the FAQ to save pictures the way, iPhone handles it.

It is another thing, that it is ridiculous to have only one option to save a picture, otherwise the image gets blurry.

Macintosh and Apple is really a nice system. Very productive.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Why would you use .jpg? I don't know what pixen is, but if it only works with jpeg, I would move to something else.
    No, there is no boom and picture on my desktop.

I hear only the sound, but no picture appears.

And there is no preference or setting for changing screenshot location. I don't even know, iuf the pic is made, but I surely don't know, where it is, if it was made.

That's why I looked for a screen capture app.

For god's sake, we are in the 21st century. Who the hell makes image editing software being able to handle only one extension?

It is only possible in the mac and linux world, I am sure.
    Are you on an old Mac?
  • dereklaruedereklarue Member Posts: 121
    Usually pops on your desktop
    I am on a hackintosh with OSX 10.6.2
    Geez, then don't curse Mac.
    are you doing the "windows key+shift+3"

one word .. photoshop

just drag ANYTHING (even right from the web) right onto the icon on the dock and it opens.

or if not photoshop i personally think gimp beats the crap out of pixen.

pixen is like the equivalent of using the free label making software that came with the dvd labels.

Now what i really want is for GS to just open psd with instant layer updating :)
    The problem with Photoshop, that it doesn't let me change the dpi to 72 which is needed for GS.

I tried.

It makes it 71,99 but not 72 and even it sounds stupid, it is so and the image is blurry inGS and on the iPhone.

That's why I had to already resave all my art with pixen.
    No, Photoshop will let you raster at ANY res.
    odd...??

photoshop does 72. it can even batch everything in a folder to 72 at one time

gotta be something wrong...
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    Hunnenkoenig, dont get cross with macs... get cross with the photoshop developers.
    i can tell u apple is not a retarded company, windows would have been much worst.
  • maniraptormaniraptor Member Posts: 81
    Also, use Photoshop's "Save for Web or Devices" feature; the output file is automatically 72dpi. You can also change the pixel dimensions for the output file if want a smaller (dimensionally, not just bit-depth) image without changing the original image.