Dude with different resolutions with pixel-art

RubiyoooRubiyooo Member Posts: 163
Hello I am making a game with a friend. I would like to make a RPG.
But we do not know what it´s the different to do a pixel´s game in iPad or iPhone.

Now i know that:
iPhone 3G -> 480x360
iPhone 4 -> 960x640
iPad -> 1024x768
iPad 2 -> 2048x1536

I don´t want to do all graphics several times.
What is your recommendation?

Thanks and regards!!
Ruben.

Comments

• mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2011
    Do the iPhone at iPhone 4 size and tick resolution independence and the iPad is not 2048x1536, it is 1024x768 like the original iPad, so only 2 different sizes needed.

Ace
  • RubiyoooRubiyooo Member Posts: 163
    Are you sure?
    I said iPad 2 not iPad 1
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    @Rubiyooo
    Im sure Ace is sure ;)
    ipad 1 AND 2 has the same resolution : 1024x768

Roy.
  • RubiyoooRubiyooo Member Posts: 163
    Ok thanks you very much P-O-M!!
    Only i have the last dude. Because i do not understand this tick "resolution independence" in answer by Ace
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited December 2011
    What is Resolution independence - (taken from the Q&A section)

"The iPhone4 was the first iPhone to support high-res images. Displaying these images on older phones takes up much more memory then low-res images without providing any benefit. If you wish to use high-res images to take advantage of this iPhone4 feature, but display low-res versions on older iPhones, select the “independence resolution” checkbox. GameSalad will automatically downgrade your images to the correct size for older phones, but display the high-res versions on iPhone4s (and newer models as they become available).

Deselect this option if you are using low-res images to begin with, or you don’t want GameSalad to downsize your images on older devices. Remember, on older devices there will be no improvement in quality if you display high-res images, but using them may significantly slow the performance of your game."

If you are new to GameSalad , i suggest you make some reading :
    http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/

Cheers and good luck !
    Roy.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Own both and resolution is pixel/pixel 1024x768

but rumor has it that iPad 3 will be retina display (2048x1536) … 4pixels/pixel space … well, technically it is listed as "326dpi"
    … and, were will we be if GS doesn't have import of larger images than 1024x1024 ???
    be nice if they upped that and upped the pixels per inch!

just have to replace the images in the project's image folder with larger ones … alas, I for years worked in a minimum of 300dpi  … still do, but have to remember to lower that to the 72dpi.

MH
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Roy got a thank you very much and I just got doubted... Charming :P

Ace
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I hope the iPad 3 has retina, it will look awesome on the 3 with those graphics

And yes just check RI and make the iphone4 images then u r ok

Calvin