Is my image clarity correct?

pchipps007pchipps007 Member Posts: 1
Hi All,

Could you take a look at my character image and tell me if this it looks correct in terms of clarity and crispness? I'm using illustrator and believe I have all the correct settings - power of 2, 72 ppi, even pixels, RGB, save for web, PNG-24, export at 100%.
Only when I look at it compared to other iPhone graphics and png's I feel its not as clear. I've played around with all the settings I could think of so I'm starting to think it may just be me, a fresh set of eyes would be appreciated here.
The only thing I can see not quite adding up in illustrator is that in order to save my character to web at an image size of 256x212 @ 100%, the size of the character in the project window has to be set to 254x210. Does anyone know where these extra pixels have come from?

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m600/pchipps007/Character_Head_Test_01.png

Thanks in advance,
Chipps

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Looks great to me.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    edited December 2011
    very nice drawing!
    very clear and crisp for an outline in photobucket

yuck in the PreviewApp ...
    you need to filter/enhance before export; antialias (smooth the distortion of curves at low pixel resolution)

DeepBlueApps has an Image Inspector that corrects image attributes.
    a FREE one and an inexpensive advanced one.

MH
  • pchipps007pchipps007 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the quick responses. The funny thing is the second I checked my post I thought that was the clearest it's looked. Think as MH said the problem was using Preview to inspect the image. I googled it and it looks like a lot of people are having similar issues with Preview. That was a good few hours of changing all the settings wasted :-).
    Thanks for the image inspector tip MH, I'll check it out.

Cheers,