New game icon

IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
Hi guys! After your advices I made a new icon, for my match-3 Orient Express-related game. What do you think about it? :)

Thanks! :)

Comments

• MegapixelIdeasMegapixelIdeas Member, PRO Posts: 476
    Looks Great! Did you make it or did you hire someone to do it?
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    edited December 2011
    HI .... I think SpriteAttack was offering his considerable assistance in another thread about icons suggesting to look at them in the size they will show in itunes/app store 72x72 or 57x57 (I think he said) anyway I hope you don't mind ... I grabbed your image and quickly resized to those numbers so hopefully we can help you get a great icon for a great looking game ....

image   image
    edited December 2011
    in the smaller sizes I think it is difficult to see it as a train (I know its a train so my brain helps out ... but what would someone who doesn't have a clue?). Also perhaps the moon might need a bit more glow around it in small sizes. Also notice you can't make out the wheels or bumpers and the black smoke trail blends into the design ...
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Thank you very much simo for your great help! :)

@MegapixelIdeas, I made everything, except the train. I purchased it on one of the photo stocks. It is much different now, I changed colors, added lights, etc.
    @TheMoonwalls ... glad to help .... also I took a screen shot of a random iTunes app page and placed my icon in the middle of all the others to try and see if it caught my eye or at least was pretty good in the mix ... since first looks at an icon can be critical (I think) to an apps success ... at least that's the way I find myself looking at Apps to consider purchasing ... I think it is worth spending a good bit of time making it the best it can be (which you appear to be doing with this thread) ... like this:

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Thanks again simo, you're great! :)
  • farisfaris Member Posts: 13
    Hey, how can I post an image to my post here. I wanted to show you my icon so you'll have an idea..
  • MegapixelIdeasMegapixelIdeas Member, PRO Posts: 476
    Nice. You did a great job with it. I think that you should leave it the way that it is.

Check out our website

http://www.megapixelideasllc.com/
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    Looks a lot better... this icon does work... :) good luck with the game!
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    edited December 2011
    @faris (remove the * characters)

<*i*m*g s*r*c="placeyourimageWebAddressHERE">