I would like to apologise.

ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
edited December 2011 in Off-Topic
For those of you who saw the nice chats that went on earlier today.

I didn't compute this when it was said to me "Also if your banned its supposed to tell you that your banned and the reason why and how long it lasts when you try to log in, that might be another issue with the forum though why you didnt see that."

This I didn't realise.

Also, after reading further some things I said may have indirectly and unintentionally offended some people I didn't mean to offend in any way or form.

I apologise to anyone member or staff member of the GS community that I indirectly upset or insulted, it was not, nor ever was the intention.

I appreciate and value this software and the handwork that goes in to it.
While I stand by my feelings of just wanting a bit more courtesy for myself and even other GS users as i'm sure GS has bigger fish to Fry then myself, considering I especially have never had any issues or Quarrels with anyone on the forums during almost one year period of which I have been a member of the Gamesalad community.

I Brian, apologise if my behaviour seemed inappropriate although I was upset and was trying to express my point of view as a member of the Gamesalad community.

I am Sorry.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    This is what makes the gs forums special and awesome!,
    Fair deuce and a mary xmas,
    Jack
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Nice post, Brian. You didn't have to apologize, but it's mighty big of you to do so. I would feel the same way if I was in your shoes.
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    hey Brian ... 'no worries mate' ... :) pretty sure everyone around here thinks your an OK guy. Funny thing is the issues we have with the forums ... also is an issue that caused the mess for you in the first place .... ie: why can I, you and anyone else choose to post a thread 'From the GS Team' or "news from the Dev Team' or 'Codemonkeys Corner'.
    If it had been me seeing someone post in the wrong category a few times .. I would have just fixed the access issue to those 'should be restricted' categories ... after all it is clear you were just posting without picking a topic and the 'From the GS TEam' is the default .. I've nearly done it a few times myself. Anyway didn't want to open up more discussion ... but put it behind you ... GS please restrict the reserved topics and at least fix the forum search in Google as has been suggested numerous times .... 15 minutes of work.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Thanks to all 3 of ya! :D
    Amen + Amen + Amen.
  • LykkeLykke Member Posts: 174
    Oz, you're such a nice guy and I'm happy to know you :)

The forum issues was there in the old version, but sertainly didn't become better in the new one.

I'm not here to start up a new discussion - just saying the following:

I offered GameSalad and the community a free new forum with much better possibilities in the beginning of the year named www.gamesaladforum.com (I changed the name and forum now, but still have the domain, so the link there is empty) - even paid forum license for my own pocket not expecting anything back other than people to be openminded and friendly - the forum could easily have been implemented into the whole site here if that was a wish - no problem ... I did it because of all the challenges there are on this forum - me creating forums for fun anyway - because of the lack of features, overview, usability etc. It sucked then and it still sucks, very sorry :( I am rarely here because it is a mess.

Anyway, good luck with the improvements of this forum in future - and I wish you all of luck and merry xmass and a happy new year too ^_^
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Sorry to hear that Lykke. Did they get back to you about though?
    I remember your forums, they where pretty good. But you do it for living hey.

Thanks for the kind works you're awesome :D
  • LykkeLykke Member Posts: 174
    Nope - my threads got moved or deleted, Oz ;)

But anyway, I'm not making forums for a living - the reverse actually ha ha - it costs a lot of money to create the forums I'm making - AND time, but I don't mind because I love the work :)

But the last 4-5 months I've been aiming towards making the job as a community manager as my main job (and with that creating new and better forums) - and got two free-time jobs for 2 on-line games so far - one smaller tween girl game in Denmark and another much larger world wide game. It is my biggest dream, and as you know, one should follow ones dreams ;) So far I only have these two jobs, so I'm keeping my full time job as a Marketing Manager to be able to 'survive' still =)

I wish you much success & happiness in 2012 ;)