Kill the King not in the app store anymore?

EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
edited November -1 in Introductions
I just searched on the iPhone and iTunes app stores, and it isn't showing up. It is still shown normally on iTunes connect, though. Can somebody else please search and see if it shows up, please?

Comments

• JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Im not seeing it either

I have seen some random hiccups like that though...
    now its back

Not in search though.

COuld just be rolling some update
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Hm really? I still can't find it...
    It was there yesterday, though, and I haven't uploaded a new version or anything- same keywords.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    iTunes always has problems, because the people behind it are plain incompetent.

I mean, who the hell uses horizontal scroll bars today for example? One of the biggest NONOs of webdesign since the birth of the internet.

Just wait and hope. It will come back again....or not.
    "I mean, who the hell uses vertical scroll bars today for example? One of the biggest NONOs of webdesign since the birth of the internet."

only um...... one of the biggest companies in the world.

You always sound so angry.
    Be happy!

;)
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    hes always against apple, that is what annoys me.
    I don't have to like apple, just because you like them, do I?
    I don't like them. Live with it :-P

I edited my post. I meant of corse HORIZONTAL scroll bars.

But it's not only the horizontal scroll bar, what is wrong with apple and itunes. Almost everything is wrong with them.

I could tell stories.... Since I work with them, every single thing is a pain and I have to spend days and weeks to get a solution for problems, which they caused.

To be able to sign up as a developer with a company, took me 3 months. I did the same with google in 5 minutes.
    Oh I am nowhere near an Apple fan, either. They make me money, and return so do I for them, but I think the way they manage things are abysmal.

Same shitty app store layout for over a year, even worse app store layout in iTunes, apps getting rejected for no reason, Mario Sound board apps outselling every other app in the app store by sheer deception and copyright infringement, the 5 iPhones I have gone through because they would just freeze, etc.

I did email them about the issue, so we'll see how long this goes on. Maybe I can demand to be featured under new and noteworthy as a consolation :p
    Eastbound: exactly.
    They make money for me. That is the only thing, why I stick with them.

And I like my iphone. That's true. The only thing, what they did right....almost right.... I don't want to talk about, how they market it and how they milk us....

With iTunes I experienced the craziest things, where new releases didn't show up for almost a week and such.
    So it's normal.
    Haha it's a like hate relationship. I cannot see myself using a different phone after how pivotal the iPhone is in my day to day life (somewhat sad, I know).

If I'm bored I look at my iPhone, if I need help I use google on my iPhone, if I want music on the bus I listen to iPhone, and if I want to make money I make programs for the iPhone.

Ah well.
    Yeah. I'm not a huge fan either. But at the fnd of the day it is someone elses buisiness and we choose to take part in it.

It's not like a government issue where it's unfair and yet we have to participate.

I guess somewhere around age 30 and a couple kids I just kinda quit sweating things so much.

I certainly didn't mean you have to like apple. I just lightheartedly meant dont be so angry

besides it takes years off your life. And those are more valuable than Mario app issues

:)
    I am angry only if things don't work like I want them to work and now I try to solve a problem the whole day and I need something to let my frustration out on.

Now it is Apple, because they fill my days :-)

@Tshirt: Since I deal with apple (since over a year), I like MS more and more :-P
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Tshirt, I agree with you 1,000%

I hung on to a netbook PC I had and finally sold it, goodbye PC forever, I won't ever be using that garbage again, what a pitiful excuse for a computer

Sorry to hear your frustrations Hunnenkoenig, I think Apple still has a ways to go in improving the app store and really filtering through all these ridiculous spam apps and mario sound boards, and they really need to improve other things like

If you want to change your address for example, you have to fax them a government issued ID with your current address, a note from the postal service, and some other B.S

I was like, this is absurd! I have more important accounting things that I can change through the internet, or logging into my account, but for an apple Dev account, you have to fax all that crap? That to me, is absurd

Okay, enough ranting already, as much as things can be frustrating, I would use a MAC 1,000% more than I would use a PC
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I really liked the iMac once I bought one but as I have used it more and more and experienced more of the same old, same old on it as I did on the PC (i.e. crashes, wifi just closing up shop, and even reboots!?), I think its just another flavor with a different UI.

I like them but some of my Windows boxes, especially the custom servers I have built, are running pretty damn solid like my Unix/Linux boxes tend to do.

GS running as well as it does hasn't helped! ;-)

GS should probalby keep an eye out for Hunnenkoenig when they are out and about! :-P
  • dereklaruedereklarue Member Posts: 121
    Im having the same problem, games just seem to not be there..hmmm. And checked itunes and there Ready for sale. so... Im stumped lol.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    since I've been using a mac at work and at home for 3 years, and now have an iphone , and all we do at work is constantly check macrumours.com to see whats going on in Mac world....I guess you could say 'I like them' not in a love way simply in a they design cool stuff, and windows...errr...don't....
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    I find it funny that the App Store is critized for being... the only thing of its kind. I mean really, what has Microsoft, or anybody else got to compare? Any thing as successful as the iTunes Store is doing something right.

Hunnenkoenig, I'm sorry you have such problems, but I have to wonder if you don't approach Apple and their products with a pre-set distain. Your other thread complained about strange performance issues, but then you say you weren't using a real Mac, but a hack.

I use Macs and PCs, but far prefer Macs. However, I respect those who are used to the Microsoft way of doing things. Both platforms are professional tools with professional software.
    @Design: The app store is nowhere near the only of its kind... Undoubtedly the most successful, but there are tons of other app distribution stores on various machines.
    Yeah, I guess you are right, but I wouldn't say they are better. No, not fair, I can't say I know that much about them. What do you think? Is the Google Market thing (or others) as good or better than iTunes?
    Well the google market is certainly trying to appeal to the developers much more. They pay every 3 days, and subscribing to the program is only 30$ I believe.

Hopefully it will just drive Apple to be more competitive with improvements to the App store.

And thank god Android and other phones are finally starting to compete with the iPhone- hopefully we'll get better improvements than the 3GS was.
    I think Android was directly responsible for the faster pace we have seen recently in app approval at Apple. Competition is good. (I'd love to see GameSalad export for Android)
    I'm hoping gamesalad will be able to publish to the Android! I hear sales are more steady with that device too
    There are a couple development environments (where you develop in JavaScript - bleh - and HTML5/Canvas) and then the tools that come with it actually convert all that to an actual native application for iPhone, Android, and I believe Blackberry. Fuller support of each SDK too. GS is definitely easier to develop with but now that I got a free Droid, I will be moving one of my family apps that is in development over to that platform to support the multiple devices. It was mostly done (a lot of backend server stuff) except for the general UI so the port should fit well in that environment.

But I see GS being the main tool until I can quit my day job and/or actually hire some folk(s). (dream big, I guess)

It sure would be neat to see GS publish to Android, but given their current roadmap it seems unlikely. :-(
    I still hold hope rebump that they will publish to the Android, I think it would open up the floodgates to more users wanting to publish with Gamesalad as their tool!
    Ok let get some things straight:

1. I have a problem with apple itself as a company and with their products.

2 I am on a hackintosh, yes, but it runs very smooth and all my problems were related to something else, not to the hacked system, no matter being it software or hardware issues.

@Tshirt: Since I am on the Intel 10.6.2 hackintosh with my laptop, GS didn't crash a single time. Yes, it gets very slow sometimes, but it is surely not the failure of the hacked system. The system is running at least as stable as a real mac would.

All my posted issues with screenshots, GS functions and other things were all related to crappy software or failures on my side.

So please, don't use hackintosh as an excuse for everything, that I was or will complain about :-P

A hackintosh has nothing to do with Apple having only one fax number for the whole world, which is unreachable for months. And that is only one thing... I could write a book.

----

Yes, please make GS android compatible!
    Hunne would be the local GS football (soccer) hooligan if GS was the sport of football! ;-)
    rebump: LOL

I just like to troll around sometimes. Mostly when I am frustrated :-P
    Sometimes things don't come across the best when typed.

All this would probably be laughs if in person anyways
    This sure did this get off topic! :p

KtK is showing up again, despite Apple sending me a reply that made it apparent they didn't even read the email I sent.

So keep talking if you want to!