TOTB4: ozboybrian

2»

Comments

• ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Hey @LeonardDeveloper

Nope, this are just sounds I own/bought or have gotten off royalty free places of the last year.
    I've asked @Stormystudio if we're required to make our own sound as well, but I haven't heard back from him yet.
    Haven't read anything about it though. But nope haven't made any of this lol, maybe just some edits but that's it....
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    edited January 2012
    Hi Brian ... think you have great elements there ... particularly like the beginning and the missile particles. You may have these planned but perhaps consider an animation on the comet so it rotates and spins 3D like (I know difficult to do but would make a huge 'feel' difference) .. also I noticed that the missiles look to have a right hand shadow and the comet a left shadow at least from what I could see ... couple of other things ... perhaps have an upper layer that non-collide objects could pass thru so you could have a burning comet, space dust or something pass over everything to give it depth and lastly .... consider taking a look at other space like games/youtube videos and see if there is a parallax technique for outer space. Not sure but just wondering if stars in the very distant (ie: small and faded) could move a little slower than closer and brighter stars. (IMHO a good parallax takes games to a whole new level). Anyway early days and you're off to a great start .... hope there an idea or two in my post that will help.
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Looking great so far ozboybrian! I can't wait to see how this one turns out :)

Cheers, Weswog
    Thanks guys!

Great suggestions @simo103 - I've been wanting to have some kind of overlapping particle effect for the comment to help simulate the falling function, but i'm really struggling, everything i've tried just looks horrible.

I like that 3D idea. Once the competition is over i'm thinking i'll get my Graphics Artist to do just that.
    The slower Stars Parallax I really like cause that I can do :D

The Shadows are all SUPPOSED to be on the bottom of the objects, but alas my art fails me... lol

And thanks VERY much for the detailed tips, i'll give it a crack! Great stuff buddy :)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @ozbpybrian
    Looking great!
    I asked stormy and he replied saying we had to make our own sounds!, I would suggest GarageBand for you or anyone else who doesn't have any other software!
    Cheers,
    Jack
    ------
    GS tutorials: http://www.thermo-apps.com/gamesalad
    -------
    BUMMER!!! and ok thanks bro will give it another Crack :)
  • LykkeLykke Member Posts: 174
    Awesome :D and a fun idea! I really like the art work in it too! Good job!

Looked at the videos where the poor comet is been shot at and loose power.... what if the comet could spit back stones or fire? :D

Looking forward to seeing more ^-^