iCliff's TOTB4 Development Thread

iCliffiCliff Member Posts: 51
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
HAY!
So I just saw the theme for TOTB4. And I'm Excited to get my project started! But to be honest, I have NO Idea what my game will be about! So, I have locked my self in a dark room. All i have with me is My macbook, my notepad, a pen, and a lamp! :/ (Im serious, this is a very Dark Room).

Wish me Luck!

PS- Good luck to all the competitors! (Not sure if I spelled competitor right, but too lazy to check) :)

Comments

• ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    How about, the planet is blowing up, or a bomb is going off in the centre, and you have to out run this explosion.... lol... Or even the ice age, and the freezing is happening REALLY quick so you gotta try escape that.
  • iCliffiCliff Member Posts: 51
    @ozboybrian WO! Love the Ice Age one! Gunna note that in my game ideas list! Thanks So Much!
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2012
    @iCliff - Dim your Macbook's screen for real effect ;)

Ace
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    @iCliff - haha anytime mate! happy to help :D Good luck. :)
    @mynameisace - haha! Thanks for the tip :) I realized I cant stay in here without going to the bathroom, so I set up a schedule! 10 minutes till another break!

Well I finally picked a game idea, and will start developing some sketches of the levels! Finally getting somewhere :P
    Alright, Sorry for not updating this thread often (or as often most people update their development threads), but I've been busy with studying for exams :0 I've actually been trying to study for exams and work on my TOTB entry, although It doesn't seem to be working well.

So Anyways, I have designed some art and will have it up soon! The art gives many "BIG" hints on my game :)
    Alright, So finally got my art up :) (YAY)

The following is the pyramid of Giza, or what's left of the pyramid of Giza! (This is one of the MANY destroyed Monuments in my Game)!

I know, Its not that good. I'll have a more polished (and better looking) one soon!
    GAAAAAAAH! I've been trying to re-create a joystick for the whole day! But I think I finally got the result I wanted. I love the feeling when you have failed so many times and then finally, that one time, You Succeed :)

I figured the picture above is WAY too zoomed Out! So I'm going to re-create it (Or try to).

More Pictures coming soon! (Expect a headless monument) :)
    Just finished the main character of my game! :)

More pictures coming soon!
    Fixed the Zoomed Out Issue on the Pyramid Of Giza Picture.

W0! This took a whole day to draw!

*Note* The Car at the top will be rotating back and forth :0

Tell me if you like it!
    Thinking of Quitting the competition :(

Should I?
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @iCliff ... I think you should be using the competition to help push you to create an app you are pleased with and potentially will work to complete and put out to the world either on the arcade or in the App store. I see from your comments above that the graphics are taking quite a bit of your time ... I would say that if you are not pleased with the direction your game is going then try to redirect it or start over with a new idea. I would only quit if you can't enjoy the creation of the ideas you have for the 'End of the World' and want to work on other projects that excite you ... the contest is fun and you should have fun in it. (Can I suggest you work on the game idea you have without working on the graphics ... that way you might move thru quicker and get excited by the gameplay enough to consider the work on graphics later .... or do a more simplified graphic set in a retro feel?)