200+ Free Music Tracks for your Games.....

wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
Happy New Year Everyone!

Not sure if this site has already been pointed out. [www.nosoapradio.us] Has lots of free music you can use in your games (private and commercial). Theres loads of tracks 215+ in lots of different genres, Platform, Puzzle, Future, Classical etc etc.

According to the website's FAQ "All songs are free for personal and commercial use in games/video".

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested, theres some pretty cool tracks on there.
http://www.nosoapradio.us/

Be sure to read the FAQ page re credits and NO RE-DISTRIBUITION etc..

Cheers
Wayne
---------------------------------------------
http://www.deepblueapps.com
---------------------------------------------

Comments

• ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    edited January 2012
    Great Share, thanks Wayne :)

Note: I right clicked to download a file and it takes me to another page which just plays the song :S
  • wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
    In Safari: If you right click on the songs (And select download) it opens up the MP3 file in a new window and plays.

To download, DRAG the MP3 URL to your DOWNLOADS window (in Safari) and the MP3 file will download to your HD.
    To see your DOWNLOAD window in Safari press: Alt+Cmd+L

Hope that helps.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Thanx for this site! Wayne!

I make great music in my iPad's Garage Band … but would hate to inflict that on my game players! ;)

like the free music on the Deep Blue Apps Site
    but nice to have more!

MH
    Thanks Wayne! Wish I knew that a year ago I could of downloaded so much great stuff.

Alas, OSX Lion lets you down on this as well, the Downloads won't stay open anymore when doing other things like dragging a URL :(
    Regret Lion...
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    edited January 2012
    @ozboybrian

In Safari . . . . first hit play on the track you want to download so it is playing.

Hit Cmd+Option+A to open the activity window in Safari.

In the activity window find your track in the list.
    (clue: it's almost always the biggest file, it's usually got an obvious file extension and it's file size is growing - see image below)

Hold down option and double click on this file in the list.
    (or copy and paste the track from the list into your downloads window - where it will begin to download)

It will download to your computer. (This works for all media files, music, videos etc)

edited January 2012
    Thanks Tyran, got me closer than before haha.
    But still no dice, I know i'm blonde.

EDIT - Hahaha, see I'm blonde. It Downloaded the file about 20 times -_- I wish it would of showed me that something was happening lol. THanks guys, sorry about that.

Note to anyone else: Contact SlickZero for great custom quality tracks. He's the best :D
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    @ ozboybrian

You don't need to go as far as opening the MP3 in it's own window (as you do in the image above) - just start it playing in the normal website window and then double click on it in the activity window.
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, I didn't realise it was downloading lol... Sounds great in my TOTB4 game :D
    Thanks a Bunch Tynan and Wayne... Happy New Year!
  • How do you insert the file into Gamesalad? Mine isn't working..

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited April 2015

@tahlia.kwan@sydstu.catholic.edu.au said:
    How do you insert the file into Gamesalad? Mine isn't working..

Via the magic button...sounds/+

• @DeepBlueApps said:
    Via the magic button...sounds/+

I tried and it doesn't work, maybe because my computer is a windows, not mac.
    It has different controls and buttons..

• WarpSpeedWarpSpeed NYCMember Posts: 84

It worked fine for me...I have a mac. Thanks for the info :)