TOTB4: Jobonoobdude

jobonoobdudejobonoobdude Member Posts: 152
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
well, its been a while since I've dived into GS, but its time to dust it off and get crackin' at this new theme, "the end of the world"!! Man, am I gonna love this.
I thinkin' black and white, guns, and monsters (probably zombies, but you never know)

I will post with any more stuffs that I gets
Best of Luck to you all :)

Comments

• jobonoobdudejobonoobdude Member Posts: 152
    Well, after a day of musing it over, I think I have a pretty solid idea. And it doesn't involve zombies. The name right now (its kinda up in the air) is "Ending W.O.R.L.D." The whole "Think OUTSIDE the Box" think got me thinking of something that isn't actually the "world", like the earth, but W.O.R.L.D. the acronym for a secret organization of terrorists, or aliens, or both. You would play as a special ops agent trying to thwart W.O.R.L.D., hence ending W.O.R.L.D. Thats all I got so far, or at least that I'll release right now :) BTW, W.O.R.L.D still needs something to stand for, so suggestions are very welcome.
    SIgning out
    edited January 2012
    Ok, Its time to stop being a slacker about updates and finally get this thing to the first page :)
    but anyway, Ive diched the "Ending W.O.R.L.D.", maybe I'll return to it, but not for the TOTB4. Its gonna be a endless run and gun, with hords of zombies. The catch is that if their are too many zombies the game will end, so you have to be fast. you have four "weapons" at your disposal. your hands, a pistol with 6 bullets (you'll be able to get more ammo, or maybe it will be unlimited, idk), a knife, and duct tape. Thats right, duct tape. There will be two game mechanics that will make this different though. 1)you will be able to duct tape the trigger on your pistol (or something) and throw it. While in the air it will still shoot, and rotate. The advantage to this besides the obvoius "its shoots zombies" is that if your own bullets hit you, you will be boosted in that dirrection. So double jumping will be acomblished by throwing you gun down and jumping on your own bullet, essentially. The second is the duct tape. You can only have one peice in the game at a time, just for coding reasons. Whereever you throw down the duct tape, things will stick to it. Zombies, and your own gun really, but also yourself to make a perch. I've gotten all of the "code" done, I just have no artwork. Its just a bunch of squares running around right now. Ill post screenshots when I have accualy grafixs :)
    ok, enough blabering.
    ok guys, update time
    I has no artwork, no sound, and no duct tape. Duct tape is to hard, so I'm giving up on it, but I have better ideas in store. its actually coming out to be a playable game, but no quite. Ill actually embed this game in the thread when theres a slightly playable version, updating in with sound and art when I get t it.
    Well that was short
    well guys, after so much time that I worked on the game, I sadly admit that I must drop out. The game just isn't fun anymore, to make or to play. Its a bummer to, I really liked this TOTB's theme. O well, best of luck to everyone else.
    BTW, I will still work on the game, now that I don't have a deadline.