TOTB4- etzer ~~~ I think it is very unique!

EthanZarovEthanZarov Member Posts: 156
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
Hey Guys,
So, I have been thinking since New Years about a game. I have looked at lots of other peoples. Many had to do with fleeing the earth, or escaping the situation. I decided that you shouldn't be fleeing, you should be the one making other people flee! My game is a whack a mole game where you are a immortal man launch meteors etc. at cars, people, and other things below you. You can select things to launch too. There will be 60 levels in which you need to wipeout a certain amount of people, cars, etc. in the time given. There is 5 worlds- Each of different countries. In each of the worlds there are 12 levels, one for each month. In January, it will be snowy in the country, unless it is some warm country, while in June, it will be hot and sunny.

More to come!

Comments

• gteteris001gteteris001 Member Posts: 51
    great idea! Can't wait to see more.
  • gteteris001gteteris001 Member Posts: 51
    Wow your 11 too good luck!
  • EthanZarovEthanZarov Member Posts: 156
    yeah, I might add something like attributes to ceretain launchers so that they damage certain things more than others, or maybe cars for certain countries. Myabe like smart cars when in France or England, and giant limosines in US etc.
    edited January 2012
    Might add lightning bolts to game where cars are immune, however can kill two people at once. I will keep you guys posted on art too!
    Added some graphics to game such as three different colored cars. WOrking on the background for the U.S. which is going to be the first world. Feel free to comment if you think certain countries/continents should be worlds. Also, does anyone know how to change the title of a post? I wan to take off the last part.
    Ok, I made the game menu screen. Calling the game:

Meteor Apocalypse 2012

I will keep you guys posted!

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/37443/totb4-etzer-i-think-it-is-very-unique#Item_6
    TOTB4 THREAD
    edited January 2012
    ok putting up pics soon

PICS ARE OUT (Edit)
    Changed the levels to 4 different game types each of seasons, going to make the cars snowy in winter, have some leaves in the fall, and maybe windows rolled down in the summer with frantic faces in the cars.

Also, almost finished using tshirtbooths sliding menu tutorial and getting that to select the season type
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Sounds nice, any screenshots? :)
    coming putting some up now
    edited January 2012
    Alright, pics are here:

Logo for game...

Meteor:

Cars in game, still workin on them

Blue

Red

I think they look much better on a smaller scale. I am not the best graphic designer :(
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Great minds think alike :D
    You got a cooler name though :( I suck with names LOL.
    Thanks! I finished the menu system for the four seasons. Each part has one half how the season looks regularly and the other how it looks destroyed in 2012.
    edited January 2012
    Ok. Video is Up!

Ok, so I need help on a part, so I am still working on graphic design, but I will start the coding soon
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @etzer
    I know your 11 but I think asking for help would be violating the rules..... I'm not sure though..... You may have to ask @stormystudio
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    I'm liking your design concepts ... before/after seasons menu stuff ... you mention needing help on a part ... when you're ready post here and I'll take a look to see if I can help.
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @LeonardDeveloper ... good point ... clear that up first with Stormy and if allowed will see what I can do.
    I dont really see why not. I think the contest shouldn't make it so that people in the contest cannot ask people for help while they could ask for help bfore the contest.
    @etzer
    The whole point of the contest "think outside the box"
    Is to think for original ideas, and If you need help.... Well that wasn't your idea was it?........
    Still before you ask for help check with @stormystudio
    edited January 2012
    No by help, I mean coding help, I dont mean, "Hey can you amke a giant car for me so I can use it and beat people in TOTB4?"
    I mean how do I code this? By this, I dont mean the game, I mean a control for the meteor
    @etzer
    I know what you mean but coding help is pretty much the same as "how can you make a great app, like when pseudo 3d meteors hit the earth?" that's help...... It's all the same
    No, it is a small question about a movement for my meteor. For example, when I tap, this happpens, but it doesnt always work. I need a solution. I know how to solve the problem, but not how to code it. And it is not that big. So FYI, I am not asking for someone to help me that big.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Looking good buddy :) Love the weather options.