TOTB4 - BBEnk

BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
This seems fun so think I'm in too.

My game will be about Meteors hitting the Earth your job defend the Earth, pretty simple.

will post screen shot once I get one and learn how, lol.

Comments

• ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    3 People doing comets/meteors now :D
    The competition is getting tough O_O
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Well I did see a article today on Yahoo about Zombie Bee's err "Zom Bees" that could be a good one, but think I will stick with meteor's I'm allergic too Bee's, lol.

Anyway got concept all worked out it's sort of a missile command type game with a twist.
    worked on art mostly yesterday and today was getting the main actors doing what there suppose to do looking good.

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @BBenk
    I hate to rattle your boat but yOur idea sounds a bit like @tendrmers game "alpha balls"......
    But I can't say anything for sure so I'm looking forward to see what you come up with!
    Cheers,
    Jack
    edited January 2012
    i looked at Alpha Balls it's nothing like that other then there both shooters.
    So game is up and running for most part still a lot to do but the basic game play is there.

and heres the star of the show made this today was going for sort of a cartoon look just needs clouds now.
    MyEarthFlicker
    Ok new Earth with Clouds and lighter Ocean yea I'm still working on Earth.

BBEnkEarth
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @bbenk
    Looks great, can't wait to see with what you come up with! :)
    So today added Start and Pause Screens and Text style think I'm going for a retro modern digital look ;) . also thought more about gameplay so it want only be meteor's but also comet's have an idea for them, also started working on score system and heres a simple pause screen screen shot showing text style lol.
    PausedText
    edited January 2012
    Dang it just seen this game its pretty much what I had in mind, guess I'm not outside the Box after all man it's hard to be original.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/defendicator/id489699042?mt=8
    Ok here is a Basic gameplay video idea is simple destroy the meteor's before they hit earth you will also see a comet which will pose a bigger threat to earth if it hits not everything is working just yet just trying to get everything in place still a lot to do, sorry for watermark I'm cheap.

Thanks.

So score system is working changed it from 3 digits to 6 figure that would work out better gotta get other weapons in game working also and some sort of Earth damage system.
    Dang damage scoring system was driving me crazy apparently Gamesalad does not like big numbers so moved over too a percent system and was having a heck of a time using custom fonts with a decimal place but figured it out, So game getting closer to a very playable version but always writing down something I would like to add.
  • jobonoobdudejobonoobdude Member Posts: 152
    I think all of the above happens to everyone at some point or another in their games.
    Am I Right?
    yeah, yeah I am.
    So this is what is like too make a game under a deadline. :/
    So game is almost complete just wrapping up odds and ends it May not be so out side the Box as I first hoped but I like it, it's pretty simple just protect the earth for 30 minutes while a meteor and comet storm passes to save earth you have 3 weapons to help going to add a endless level also just how long can you survive no timer for leader boards, still have a few days though so will be adding a few more things maybe.

SS2
  • GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    Looks really nice, keep it up :)
    New Gameplay video added a few things still have a few bugs to fix but running good now.