$5 for logo

Gamer61Gamer61 Member Posts: 40
I'm looking for a jolly logo for "J.H Games" if i like the logo i will give you $5
in mind i have a colorful picture with lots of light colors

Comments

• App SurgeApp Surge Member Posts: 651
    If you want a good logo you're going to have to pay more than $5. I made one real quick for you. Nice and colorful.
    If you like it email me at henry_abrams@comcast.net

• CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    Here's my attempt, yes it does look a little like Redsky's logo, but any similarities are entirely coincidental.

• EthanZarovEthanZarov Member Posts: 156
    I made one, pretty good I must say, it took me a while. In fact so long, that I started before Tynan posted the drawing above. So now, I present to you, my logo.

Wow @Tynan and @Etzer those are very unique designs! I must say, I wish I had thought of something like that!
  • Gamer61Gamer61 Member Posts: 40
    possible to turn the "jay" to the letter "J"
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited January 2012
    Made this in about 15 seconds at http://logotypemaker.com/ you can have it.
    J.H.GAMES_700_300.png.jpeg
    Sure I'll do that if you like mine.
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Aw what.
    I have been working my ass off since i first saw this thread. I didn't know people were going for this effect as well:/
    Photobucket
    That logo seems very familiar @JamieOneil.... I can't seem to say where I remember it from though...
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    @redsky I think i have seen it before too! thats where i got my inspiration from for this masterpiece.
  • Gamer61Gamer61 Member Posts: 40
    whats up with the Rainbows?
    Everyone must be in the mood for rainbows...
    But seriously $5 is WAY to little for a logo. Logos are the sign for your company. They are what keeps you memorable. If that is worth just five dollars to you something must not be right...
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    edited January 2012
    I liked the rainbow idea, so I thought I'd make one. I didn't think you guys had very creative and fun logos, though, so I thought I'd make a more original, creative, and abstract logo.

As you can see, mine is much better.

Edit: I just noticed I forgot to watermark mine. Please nobody steal this, however tempting it may be.
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    This is turning into a bloody kindergarten. What's wrong with you guys? $5 for a logo - that's not showing any respect for the work of the artist designing something half decent. It's ok if someone is offering free services - their choice - but this is just bad. Sorry... I think this forum topic needs some major cleaning up... It's been a while since it's been about art and graphics - it's about begging, cheap art and dodgy competitions... To sum it up - it's become a fat waste of time...

@Jay H Games - for your sake I hope you are just a 13 year old kid who has not been taught any better... take your $5 and put them back in the piggy bank... read some of the things posted here and on forums about logo design and hopefully you will realise that there is value in other peoples work...
    @SpriteAttack if I didn't make myself clear, I submitted that logo as a joke.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Next guy that uses emboss on their text gets punched in the face. ;)
    But SingleSparq! Emboss makes things all 3D!
    If we want our logos to look hip and modern, we need to make them 3D! That's the future is what that is.
    Why don't you lock your saturation at 100%, and join the rest of us in the future of graphic design: Powerpoint made drawings.

Dropshadows for all,
    Asymptoteell
    I remember the stuff I did 15 years ago Uggg.. Here ya go folks the last remaining thumbs of a torrid past. The shame! the shame!
    I do a little better now but logos Arn't my thang
    edited January 2012
    @ SpriteAttack

"This is turning into a bloody kindergarten. What's wrong with you guys?"

Hey SpriteAttack, I think pretty much everyone here ( redsky, etzer, jamieoneil, asymptoteell . . . etc) is making the very same point as you are, that $5 is derisory . . . . . . . except people are making that point with humour.

I agree with what you say here (and elsewhere) on this subject, $5 is £3 here in the UK, about the cost of a pencil and/or a cup of coffee - (or maybe you could go mad and splash the whole lot or something crazy and extravagant like a newspaper !) - but I don't see anything wrong with handling this with humour rather than typing out a post on the value of good design every time someone makes one of these offers (although that can be useful too).

Also, like you say, the guy might be just a kid, if so then offering any money is a good thing - and he would certainly be going in the right direction by putting his hand in his pocket.

Anyhow, just admit it you are jelous of the considerable design talent on display here.

; )
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    @Tynan - what can I say... I am German - we are not known for our sense of humor... but you are right. - it's pure and utter jelousy... ;)
    edited January 2012
    @ SpriteAttack

"but you are right. - it's pure and utter jelousy"

There is no real need to be jelous, just spend a few months studying the emboss and lens flare filters in Photoshop and you too can be a high-class designer like me.

: )

"$5 for a logo - that's not showing any respect for the work of the artist designing something half decent"

(P.S. JayHGames . . . this is not particularly aimed at your offer, just a general observation of a broader trend).

In the UK, the minimum wage is £6.08 an hour (around $9.50) - that is the very minimum wage you must be paid (by law) - even if your job is simply sweeping up the rubbish in the local car park - the wage given to the very lowest skilled workers.

So what is being offered here for the logo design and artwork is around half the rate that someone would get for sweeping the floor in McDonald's. Or to put it another way, for the same price of one cleaner sweeping the floor at McDonald's for one hour you can hire two designers to both work on your company's logo !

Excellent !
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I don't get out of bed for less than $6
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited January 2012
    $5 is nothing for a logo you'd want to go for about $30....
    But howsoever Heres mine! :D
    Have it for free! :)
    Seriously though in the future you may want to offer a little hire if you want better standards! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ---------------
    Posted by LeonardDeveloper, contact me on thermoapps@thermo-apps.com
    Be sure to visit my WEBSITE
    Have a look at my GS Tutorials
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Yours Sincerely,
    Jack Leonard
    @JayHGames

I can't speak for anyone else, but don't take my posts too seriously, I certainly haven't been offended or insulted by your post, I just thought it was quite funny and I knew you were going to get a load of stick for it ! Lol !

All in good humour.

Best of luck with sorting your logo out.
    @JayHGames
    I did not mean to mock you or anything, I was just having some fun :) I made a logo that was worth $5 to me.
    +1 to SSS. I personally used Art Text 2 to make the one above. It's great for logos, buttons, icons and just about everything except graphics! It is also just $19.99 in the Mac App Store
    Yeah. Making your own is always a good idea. You know your company better than we all do. And, as was said above, none of this is aimed at you personally. Just at a general trend, and all in good fun.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited January 2012
    Heres a free one, Its because I'm kind :D