!!!!!!!!!!!! LOGO CONTEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
Hello game salad I'm having a contest for everyone to make a logo that says Flipflopgames.

What ever one i like the most i will use for my logo and put it on my yarn sigh I'm making and a banner.

I WISH YOU THE BEST.

Comments

• CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    [runs for cover . . . ]
  • BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    what
  • LuckyLurcherLuckyLurcher Member Posts: 343
    What does the winner receive?
    @ LuckyLurcher

It's not all about winning you know, sometimes it's about not losing.

The losers get their work thrown in the bin, the winner doesn't !

But seriously, joking aside, the prize is that flipflopgames get to use your design and artwork for commercial use, for free and forever, a pretty good prize if you ask me.

At least he is not asking for free artwork, it's not 'free', it's a 'contest' (so not 'free')*

*definitely not free artwork.
    They will get the credits in my app. and i will give them the promo code for my up coming game before it comes out.
    Here's my "entry".

Have I won yet, I never win these 'contests'.

: (

say what
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Look conner, @flipflopgames
    Asking for free stuff is against the community guidelines, otherwise if this is free a sous will shut it down
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    I like you Tynan :)

But he is 11, so you may be too subtle.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    edited January 2012
    *sigh...*

No offense, no one cares about credit in your app or a promo code. The only reason your saying its a contest is so you dont have to ask for a free one because you cant anymore. Just let it go and save up money to hire somone to make one (more then 5 bucks i should add) or try yourself.
    OH I'm sorry
    edited January 2012
    "But he is 11, so you may be too subtle."

Lol !

Whoops, sorry ! Just some fun, no offence flipflop !! lol !! I am just being an annoying idiot !

: D

@ LiquidGameworks
    (EDIT, just realised you are only trying to put me off taking part in the contest so you can snatch first prize ! - you cheating **&**£$@ - I am just going to try even harder now)
    Just checked out your website- pretty good for an 11 year old & I like your idea about printing out the iPhone for BELieve. I'm not too keen on the religious aspect of it though.

Your free app is interesting in a crazy Frank Zappa meets the Muppets kind of way! I like it, but I had to stop playing it after the third go as I felt slightly unhinged.

Keep up the good work!
    thanks
    Right, I don't care what anyone says . . . . this is the winner:

VERY FUNNY
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    Hey FlipFlop ... my sons 12 so I know enough to be impressed with your efforts in apps and your website ... well done. Just in case anyone was interested in doing a logo for you (paid or otherwise) I would suggest providing some ideas .. for example what does the flip flop in your name stand for ... ie: casual games, fun to play whilst relaxing - meaning flip flops you wear indicate a relaxed/laid back person OR Flip Flop meaning 'change position' .. like a fish flip flopping around on the ground. See how someone who doesn't know might give you two different logo ideas based only on your name.

My games company is called FunkyMunkyGames and I have two sons (the funky munky type) who like to test/give ideas/help on Apps .... so I made this logo:
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    why is everyone so obsessed with a logo, when they clearly are not asking for a logo or getting one in return. if you want to brand your games, there are other ways of doing it than a logo... why don't you take a picture of a hand made flipflop or some sort or find a pair that's so ancient that copy right no longer takes effect and use that as your brand... be authentic... when you are not people can smell it from miles away... i mean look at movie titles... how many of them uses a "logo" a lot of them uses images, objects... etc.
    @ flipflopgames

"VERY FUNNY"

Lol ! Was that not what you were after ! : )

But being serious . . . . Simo103 suggestions were pretty good . . . . Good luck.

Tynan
    @ Tynan, I like your new profile picture… much more attractive than the old one. :D
    edited January 2012
    @ LuckyLurcher

"I like your new profile picture… much more attractive than the old one. :D"

That's no profile picture, that is a permanent logo competition entry, every thread I post on now has effectively got my entry into that contest (even if there isn't one).
  • PixelgunPixelgun Member Posts: 111
    HTML 5 compatible, eco-friendly, similar designs have been sold for ¥18,000! Happy fun power hot for you!

▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ☻☏╭╮╭╮
    Flip
    doןɟ
    ╰╯╰╯☺☎
    ⒼⒶⓜⒺş
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓

• AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    edited January 2012
    I normally wouldn't enter something like this, but you seem like you put some thought into your games. Plus, your name was flipflop games, which was too tempting for me to pass up, so here's something I made real fast.
    Or, if you prefer it with out the D-pad + sign, here it is without it.
    Once you make some money on your apps, hire a good artist, and pay them well for a new logo and some graphics for your game. From now on, don't ask for free, or extremely cheap art unless you absolutely can not afford anything, which I doubt is the case for you. If you don't offer anything for an artist's work, it makes them feel you don't respect their work and what they do.

Anyway, until you can afford to hire a professional artist, you can use this one, if you decide to use it. A real artist's work will be 1,000 times better, so seriously, as soon as you can, hire one.

Asymptoteell
    Thanks everyone for the ideas
    @Asymptoteell i will hire one as soon as I have more than 6 dollars lol. But for now can i use yours
    Are you sure? Tynan's second one seems axtastic to me.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited January 2012
    Flipflopgames

Please refrain from these types or posts unless you offer an actual reward, requests for basically free work is against the forum rules now:

5. NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH- While our members are often generous and helpful, repeated request for free art, sounds, templates or development work have resulted in this no longer being allowed. Please refrain from making requests for free work of any kind! If a member chooses to share items for free, they may of course do so! <\i>
    I'm really sorry if I shouldn't have made anything for this. I didn't know there was a rule against free work here. If I should take it down, just say.
    I somehow feel there is no need to take my logos down.
    Alright, thanks, SSS. Just wanted to be sure.
This discussion has been closed.