TOtB — MotherHoose

MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
an Adventure Genre

still in the planning-stage (though much, much progress here, if one cared to read my design notes!)
Progress:
-the over-all layout is done
-the concept for every image that still needs done; with a WU already started for each
-placement of each element is definitely defined
-all events/actions are defined; know howToDo or whatToLook at as a reference
-HUD is most half-way complete graphically/functionally

no title yet, but WIP's title is: End of the World. ;)
have roughs of about 20 graphics (though the Hero, being the most complete, of course, needs to be re-done from scratch!)
no sfx, voices, music yet (though script is written for each auxChar)
alas, nothing other than: motion.Linear Velocity changes for L/R; U/D moving; camera control behaviors; overLayer areas; changeScene; are programmed yet … ;(

Scenes:
using sceneColor for baseBG
with layered static Items: boundaries, houses, terrain, dynamicBG overlay, etc.

1. Town with 7 playerNavigate areas and 12-13 overLayer areas (including 3 mini-games); 7 changeScenes
2. Computer Testing Area
3. WaterWorld (with overLay areas)
4. Cavern
5. FireWorld
6. WindWorld
7. IceWorld
8. Place in Space

auxCharacters communicate via Voice Over
fights/hazards are very limited … basically: figure out what to do and do it with fantastic results!

my Problems: it is so much fun to creatively procrastinate! I keep wanting to add mini games!

hardest hurdle to overcome so far: forbidding my family to visit/phone/skype/email or otherwise disrupt my efforts this time!

wish me luck … I am enjoying myself!

MH

Comments

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    looking forward to yours MH, sounds interesting

CAlvin
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    interesting is a matter of opinion @calvin9403 ;)

what is so interesting at the start can quickly become tedious with progress … I keep reminding myself: this is a game I am playing with and I should have some fun too!

-all attributes are now defined (game/scene/actors) and entered in gameProject (probably need some tweaking later)

should have some gfx/spriteSheets to post today.

MH