TOTB4 - Solvalou

solvalousolvalou Member Posts: 9
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
Hello Everyone! Been lurking for quite some time now and learning gamesalad :) Its been very rewarding and fun playing around in GS. Anyways here are my thoughts on the game.

The target platform is HTML 5 so controls are limited to the mouse and keyboard
I want to keep the gameplay in 1 screen, to keep the art assets low
Try to make it as quick as possible
Have fun!

So the title I came up with is: Super Metal Mega Mayan Death Battle: Apocalypse 2012, Adrenalin Edition!!

Comments

• solvalousolvalou Member Posts: 9
    Made the heads of the Mayan Gods:

So in the game the year is 2012 and the Mayan gods have come to earth to fulfill their Apocalyptic prophesy! You take control of the Gods to bring about the end of the world, but the earth will not standby idly to its impending doom. I will try to make this game a manic click-fest, with lots of spawn and destroy. Since its for the GS Arcade I don't think there isn't a big limitation on spawn destroy, unlike on the ios. Or should I still try to recycle?

Cheers!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Cool game title...
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Keeping an eye on this due to the title, the graphic style and your awesome username!

Long live Xevious! :D

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Thanks you for the comments :D
    So a little update:

mayan WIP2
    jpg image hosting

So the gameplay is meant to be a manic clickathon, where you have to manage/click things a lot :)

The manic clicking goes like this:

There would be the regular bullets that can only be blocked by the hands(cyan colored ones) when powered up. When moving the hands they are powered down. When you've moved them where you want to it takes them less them less than a second to power up and would block any regular bullets it comes in contact with.

Then there are special bullets which the hands cannot block. These must be shot down by the lasers you can shoot. You can shoot by holding down the mouse and it will fire constantly, or you can fire faster by clicking the mouse constantly.

These lasers are what you also use to damage the earth and whittle its life bar down.

Then there are missles which give massive damage or some kind of penalty when it hits you and/or the hand. These must be clicked on a number of times to destroy them.

I know I want the middle god to have some kind of rechargeable smart bomb that can be activated and I'll add some time limited power ups. I'll also try to add more advanced type of enemies if I have the time.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    I love how unique it is!! Good luck can't wait to see the finished Product :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Support Fabled Apps! :D

Please LIKE Fabled Apps on Facebook.

Please Subscribe to Fabled Apps on YouTube.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A little update today.

I've made an intro screen! At least part of it :) Can anyone guess what is the inspiration? :)
    I finally finished my title screen :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @solvalou .. best title ever! Love the Virgin sacrifice part also ... very clever, well done.

Finally finished the intro screen! It took longer than I expected. There are a few bits more that I would like to add but time is pretty short. I'll start finishing the main game and if time permits I'll add those finishing touches to the intro :)