Pro Pricing Suggestions Round 2

LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
edited January 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Dear All,
Along time ago we had a thread about pro pricing suggestions as a lot of members couldn't make 500, This thread just got cluttered with spam, so i thought it would be a good idea to start a new one for the new forums,
Discuss the following topic as you wish,
Cheers,
LeonardDev

Comments

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    I think maybe a big cut in kiip for gs and a lower pricing for pro maybe? and maybe you can pay the full amount for gs to have a smaller cut in revenue form kiip?
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    I think that 500 is a little steep, but not to bad. If you make a living from GS, it makes sense.
    -Thomas
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Member Posts: 807
    To make GS competitive with the others,i would have the pro version for $350,and the free version you can play as much as you want but if you want to make a build of your game then pay for the pro membership,obviously to make serious money your gona have to stop the free publishing,but until many of the performance issues are sorted out then you cant really ask people to pay.
    @gamedivision
    Nope, That would lose Gs a lot of customers plus its its one selling point over stencil "Game creation for every one"
    Heck if you could buy single features I would pay $100 for external links and another $100 for iAd's
    Surely GS would earn more money with select feature purchasing
  • sharkysharky Member Posts: 1
    $500/yr is a heavy price tag for something that is still in beta and runs slower than any other iOS engine. Unity is only $400 for a license to publish an iOS game (and i'm pretty sure thats just a one time fee, not per year like GS). The huge plus about gamesalad is that it is rapid development for non-programmers. These aren't seasoned developers that they are drawing in. They're mostly entry level game developers. Those type of people will find it harder to make the initial push to put down $500. Thats a large amount of money for someone who is yet to guage the interest for their ability to make a good game. Bottom line- They're unwilling to pay that much because they don't have much of a certainty that they could get a return on the investment.

My suggestions for the Game Salad team-
    Have us users do one of those email surveys that you've sent out in the past and ask this question: For developers who purchased the pro version, how soon did you make back your $500 investment through app purchases and/or in-app advertising? 1month,3month,6month, haven't yet, etc.
    If the overall answers are favorable to Game Salad, then all they have to do is publish the results and BAM! you've got a ton more sales because it shows how good of an investment it is. If thats not the case and more developers aren't making their money back, then maybe they should take the initative to lower their pricing. Why would people want to make an investment when they are more likely to lose out? Survey your users to find out what they are willing to pay. Get it to the point that results of the investment question show that the majority of pro users are making their money back within a certain period of time.