GS Tool-Box - a FREE mega template - ready now!

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
edited October 2014 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hey all,
I started working on a template which is basically a gamesalad tool box,
What that means is that this template will give you fast access to the most common features we use when we build our games.

The template will have multiple scenes , and each scene will have its own subject, some will be utilities and some educating.

Many of these stuff can already be found online one way or another, my intention is to gather them up and wrap them in a single tool.
Also, some of those stuff are my work from scratch and sometimes I use different technics to make something to work, so as always if you have a better way that Improves the process don't hesitate to let me know!

The template currently have:
1) show all fonts-
You know that you want to use display text, but can't figure out what font to choose, so you start testing them all, with this you will enter your text and you then can view it and see how it looks on all fonts.

2) accelerometer input-
In this scene you will have the accelerometer input of the X Y Z on the screen so you can see the value of these attributes relative to how you hold the device, and then base your rule on your findings.
Very usefull!

3) gamecenter leader boards-
In this scene you will have everything you need to know about gamecenter leader boards and will include the art.

4) app rating-
In this scene you will have everything you need to know about sending the player to rate your app, also include art.

5) back and forth movement , circle movement and some more effects
In this scene you can learn how to use the Sin and Cos expression for movment , and also via interpolate.

6) extreme rule testing-
Do you have more than 1 way to do what you want but you don't know which one is more efficient?
In this scene you can test which way is better in terms of performance.

7)Alternative timers:
In this scene you will learn how to use self.time to replace the Timer behavior ( better performance)
This will work with "after" , "for" and "every"

8) slide -
Show the technic of sliding , (like cover flow menu)

9) sliders buttons with limit-
Show you the best method of making a slider button (like volume button)

10) multitouch with actors-
Show you my way of making multiple actors to be constrained to multiple fingers, no matter what finger number you Press or release

11)Particles snow/confetti
Show you how to do a Confetti or snow that falls "from the sky", and particles explosions. Comes with art.

If you have any special request post here and I'll add it the list.

Download link : (v1.1) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?b9m6zuco6d88n7i =)

Here it is guys :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nydt3x

Also iv'e uploaded a nice pack of templates , for beginners , its like gold so guys download it and learn some nice tricks and ways to do things -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kjmj73

Cheers
Roy.

Comments