GS Tool-Box - a FREE mega template - ready now!

Comments

• gamedivisiongamedivision Member Posts: 807
    even if you know how to do this stuff i think its great to get someone elses perspective.
    thanks very much
  • David_GryphonsRealmDavid_GryphonsRealm Member Posts: 459
    WOW I JUST OPENED THIS UP AND THIS IS GREAT !! IM GONNA LEARN SO MUCH !! IF THERE WAS A VIDEO TUT TO GO ALONG WITH THIS IT WOULD BE MORE THAN COMPLETE !! :D But i know now I'm just being needy LOL !!

David
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Good work on this again @P-O-M this should help lots of people. Glad i could help out with my contributions :D
  • EinsteinAppsEinsteinApps Member Posts: 81
    Awesome work Roy!!! I have a feeling you will be Sous-Chefing soon!
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    awesome , all that in just a small file :P
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    That is really cool P-O-M! I look forward to checking out some of these features are executed. Should be very helpful for future projects!
  • tragusfistulatragusfistula Member Posts: 2
    Awesome, this is what makes this community great! Thanks Roy!
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    thanks Roy this is awesome

and also add you in skype

CAlvin
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited January 2012
    Thank you all for your comments , i sure hope it will help a lot of you to learn some new stuff, and help with developing your awesome games!
    Special thanks to beefy_clyro and simo103 for helping wrapping this up for you guys !!

Roy.
  • David_GryphonsRealmDavid_GryphonsRealm Member Posts: 459
    Hey POM just letting you know I featured this on my wordpress blog :D

http://gryphonsrealm.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/a-great-mega-template-by-gs-user-p-o-m/

David
    edited October 2014
    Hey Guys , same file but with a little fix to the App Rating Template .
    Thanks to @Chobbiface for pointing out the problem .

Please download the new file here (v1.1) :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?b9m6zuco6d88n7i

Here it is guys :
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/nydt3x

Also iv'e uploaded a nice pack of templates , for beginners , its like gold so guys download it and learn some nice tricks and ways to do things -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/kjmj73

And Ill appreciate if a chef could replace the download URL in the initial post .

Roy.
  • battleduckbattleduck Member Posts: 105
    Just downloaded this awesome template Cheers P-O-M, and also to Beeefy & Simo.
    It's a great resource, and really useful to see different ways of doing things, and finding more efficient ways to code.

Excellent
    BD
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    "And Ill appreciate if a chef could replace the download URL in the initial post ."

Done. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Thanks a bunch gyro!

Roy.
  • PixelPunPixelPun Member Posts: 324
    I am having problems duplicating your Button Slider template on here.. It works great on the template but I can copy it over... and when I try to recreate it from scratch going from what you have it doesn't move at all... ? What could I be doing wrong? is there something that is easy to miss? I have tried copying your code, typing all out but I still can't recreate what you have... any help would be awesome...

Rob
    Ok.. so what ever it is I'm losing it's between the copying the attributes. I copied the whole actor into my game and it works fine... But I can't get it to work with something I create..? any ideas?
    @PixelPun, my guess is you aren't getting the right functions and attributes in the expression editor. I have just made you a quick video showing you how to do it form scratch, sorry theres no audio but you should see exactly what to do. I had a lot running on my mac and the time and the screen recording software slowed it right down so it will seem laggy and the final demo, i touch and move the slider and it takes a while to catch up ... this is down to the lag but will perform perfectly otherwise. The main thing is, it'll show you how to do the correct code;

Hope that helps :)

edited January 2012
    I found a work around... I just copied my art onto your actor... now it works great! thanks!
    Fair do's, i do suggest you follow the video in a blank project and learn how to do it regardless or you'll be in the same position next time and have to fudge around with workarounds again :)
    Thanks Beefy! I think I may have just left something out... I'm going to try again following your video... I saw though you used Integer and the template used Real... does this matter? I saw yours works also... so perhaps they do the same thing?

Thanks again!
    No problems, the template is there to show others how to do the stuff, sometimes though, its hard to see whats going on. I would definitely suggest following the video through with a blank project, once you've got it, it'll be a useful technique to know for future projects.

Reference the use of attribute type, integer or real doesn't matter. An integer is a whole number, 1, 7, 20 , 400 etc etc and real is the real value 3.75, 7.984, 51.187 etc etc. As you'll be setting your limit to whole numbers i just used integers.
    edited January 2012
    Hey , sorry for the late respond , i just woke up (timezones)
    @PixelPun
    You can't just copy the rules to your project , cause game/self attributes are not being copied if you do so , you need to create the attributes yourself in your game and build the rules from scratch . as you can see in beefy's video it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to implant , good luck and if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask!

@beefy
    Great video , shows exactly how simple it is to make a slider button with limits ! thank you my friend .

Roy.
  • chunweichunwei Member Posts: 8
    thanks very much
  • perfectanswerperfectanswer PRO Posts: 121
    Great stuff!
    Very big thx for that
  • greenrhynogreenrhyno Member, PRO Posts: 152
    Hi Roy, Love the template and redid some timers in some of my projects.
    On the timers scene for the "every" timer, you say to use a REAL in the notes but it appears in the actual code you used the actor attribute "Tweaked Timer" which is an index. Is that a mistake? Does it matter if it is a Real or and Index attribute?

Thanks!
    edited January 2012
    @greenrhyno
    Hello and good morning ;)
    The "self.Tweaked Timer" can be either real or index or integer, it just needs to have the value of "0"
    The rule works like this :
    When "self.Tweaked Timer" = self.time % 1 (the timer value)

So as long as the "self.Tweaked Timer" is 0 you should be fine .

Cheers
    Roy.
  • ZeroCredibilityZeroCredibility Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for this! I'm sure I'll be using it soon.

Do you think you could add a demo of an actor colliding with another actor and picking it up - so visually the 2 actors will be joined as the first actor continues to move around?
  • greenrhynogreenrhyno Member, PRO Posts: 152
    @P-0-M
    Thanks Roy! One more question, these timers seem to work great for .5 to muti-second timers. Is there a good way to replace an "Every 0 seconds" timer. Some of the templates I am using use "0" second timers so that the action will trigger repeatedly- particularly when drawing a line and spawning an actor as you move the mouse/touch. Thanks!
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    edited February 2012
    Roy, if you like you can add my sin cos thingy to the pack. It's a helpfull tool to visualize and make circles and stuff using cos and sin.