How to upload a build to TestFlight

App SurgeApp Surge Member Posts: 651
Hey there everyone,
So I've got a group of beta testers together, but now I would like to now how I send out a build from GameSalad to TestFlight. TestFlight only gives instructions for Xcode.

Thanks for your time,
Henry

Comments

• SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    Not sure if that's possible...
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited January 2012
    Publish your game (that you want the beta testers to have)in gamesalad with the correct provisioning profile etc.
    Save it to your desktop.

On your desktop create a folder called "Payload" (without the ") and drag your file you just published with GS into it.
    Now, in that folder compress your published file. When it's compressed, change it to a .ipa. To do so, right click and press get info. You'll see the name of that file and then you can change it.

Now since that's all done, close that folder which is on your desktop and compress that folder.
    It should show up on your desktop as well.

Find it, and rename it so it is an .ipa.

Then, upload that to testflightapp.

Hope this helps,
    Bray

EDIT: Beat you to it, Liquid. :P
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    Its absolutely possible! And easy!

Here's a couple steps RedSky

1)Make sure you have an adhoc profile from Apple Dev. This profile needs to include all devices which will be testing the game. This is done by registering the devices in Apple Dev, and then selecting them in the adhoc provisioning profile.

2) When you've done this, publish in GS using the new adhoc file. This will spit out a .app file (save it somewhere you can find it).

3) Create a folder called Payload (exactly like this).

4) Put your .app into the Payload folder, and zip it (compress it).

5) Rename the compressed file yourgame.ipa (just make sure to include .ipa). When Mac asks you if you want to change to ipa, say yes.

6) Drag this new ipa into testflight, and you're ready to go!