What kind of sales rates do you experience?

synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
Wondering what kind of sales success you have had on your published and approved games?
Also wondering how free apps compare to pay apps.

Comments

• gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I sell a few a day...slow and steady :-)

I made one of my apps free for one day and ended up with a lot of 1 star ratings! Now not to say they weren't justified (the app I had for free is silly) but holy crude it was free...if you don't like it for free just delete it.

Many of the other developers on here usually stay away from offering the games up for free. It seems people that pay for something actually treat it with a little more respect then if they got it for me. I know I won't be doing it again...that is for sure. I did generate a ton of downloads but in the end I don't think it was worth it.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Really, 0-15 per day guys? I kinda expected a higher turnout!
  • adadoadado Member Posts: 219
    I think there should have been a 0 to 5 slot, then 5 to 15.

I figured most were in the first slot. I'd be surprised if a lot weren't in the 0 to 5 slot if there was one. There is *alot* of competition in that thar app stah.

I know I will likely have quite a few there too. :-| But at least I won't be going the Objective-C/SDK route!
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Got a couple hundred on day one of doodle mosnter at .99
    I then saw it dwindle down. after a week it seems to have settled at around 10 per day. with a spike of 20ish on the weekends.

Couple free apps have days with close to a thousand.

Tiny monster (free and my first game which is ok at best) has just hit 18k in downloads and everytime i do an update i get over 3k of people upgrading. It will be interesting to see what returns i get from URL forwarding an app store link doodle mosnter.
    I just upgraded so and made my first lite version
    so we'll see how it goes too

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle-monster-lite/id356610641?mt=8
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    $120.00 or 120.00 downloads (unless its $.99 of course...then both would be true) TShirtBooth?
    Ooh what's your next project, T-Shirt?
    $3.99...OUCH...better be a really, really good one...Like "I Dig It" or "Geo-Defense" good!!!
    Oh I look forward to that one! I beat RBR ages ago :p
    Just remember...most people will pay for what they get now...not what they WILL get.
    I recommend you stay at $1.99 and release new ones every few months and reduce price with each new release. Create a franchise.

The game fans will keep with the new releases regardless.
    Also...don't enslave yourself to an app.

Just some suggestions.
    Also...
    You may want to wait to release V2 until your version1 slows down a little...don't rush the releases.

Then by dropping V1 price to $.99...it will re-energize the old app just as your version 2 hits the wires at the premium rate.
    My point is...at $.99 for v1...you may go from 4000/month to 12000/mo.
    And that attention will help improve V2 sales.

iPhone sales are about generating volume...
    not 1 hit wonders...but if you get one...EXPLOIT IT!
    I too, from experience can tell you that 1.99 got me equal sales as .99
    Exactly! There you took advantage of the exposure and harvested what you could during that period...
    Continue to play with the numbers and EXPLOIT success! Everything I have read recommends playing with pricing until you get the results you are looking for.

Just don't price yourself out though!
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    My Galaxy Invaders game varies from a few to 10 sales a day..I guess its not bad, for me at least..I Cant wait until im finished with the game im working on now..
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Well if you are counting on your release date page sales 3.99 is dangerous IMO.
    Might be good to do 1.99 for 2 days and really pimp it as a sale.

That way you get max chance to may e even hit top 50 or so for puzzle catagory

Once it's up there raise that baby to whatever you want while you got nothing to lose

i think it's easy for people to shell out 99 cents or even think about it for a minute and shell out 1.99.

3.99 is kind of hitting the danger zone. I think on e it's past 1.99 it just falls into the next catagory of not a cheap little app anymore

my point..... Don't risk your sales on day one. After that may as well go 5.99.
    Once past 1.99 you may as well make the statement this game is for real.
    Yeah, I'm interested to see how well I can do with my next serious app if I synchronize the release of my original and lite.
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    With both Trouball and iFall I get roughly 4-8 sales a day. Most of them are from iFall, Trouball doesn't sell many at all. It sells about 1-2 every couple of days.
    Will do tshirtbooth. Thanks for the support, I shall keep at it and heres hoping for a positive future for all of us.
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Same for me I get a few here hew there I just got to start generating more games:)

Cheers, Weswog
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I have one app in the app store and average a very consistant 6 a day, spiking at 9 on saturday just gone...not bad considering I made it as more of a learning exercies....still its gonna cover my GS and apple developer expenses at this rate.

Next game will hopefully sell 20,000,000 a month :-)
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Archangel and Spellcaster are $1.99 each, and Tipster and Sci-Fi Prop is $0.99. Altogether, I'm netting an average of $30-60 a day. This is basically with no advertising, except for forum signatures in a bunch of blogs and bulletin boards.

As I stated before, I raised the price of Archangel from $0.99 to $1.99 and did NOT notice any change in the number of sales. Considering there's nowhere to go (meaning lower) from $0.99, all my future titles will be $1.99 minimum.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    I am currently averaging about $500 a day - but that is because I was featured last week, and am currently still in the top 100 in both the action and arcade sections on the iPhaone App Store. The iPhone App Store only shows the top 100, once you fall below that, sales fall drastically.

I am still in the iTunes "What's Hot" section, which certainly helps, but doesn't have nearly the impact as it does to be on the phone itself.

Out of sight, out of mind...

Since i just won the Pro license, I am in the process of linking the LITE versions, as well as adding an "other games" section to each of the full apps. We'll see if that helps...
    Crikey, keep up the good work. You win these competitions and made this money because you deserve it. :) I only wish I could be making that much each day.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    hey Joe... good news on the sales there.
    We only have 2 apps up
    Avoid-em-up and iLullaby

Avoid averaged around 5-10 for a week, but has dropped of to maybe an average of 1 a day now.
    Lullaby has been up for 4 days, and is averaging around 7-8 a day.

We've not done much plugging though, so I guess those sales are to be expected.
  • fatmikefatmike Member Posts: 36
    I've had about 2 a day with SquareSheep (http://bit.ly/squaresheep)

I'd hoped to get a few more to be honest!

Needless to say, my next iPhone app is not a game :)
  • Koda89Koda89 Member Posts: 275
    Well it's only been 4 days, but my first game had 16 total purchases over those 4 days, so I'm averaging 4 sales, or $2.80 a day. Needless to say, this is better than I expected. I was just hoping people would buy my game. :P
  • ForteForte Member, PRO Posts: 297
    i am going to put alot of effort into mine.

i want that xbox elite and the macintosh 30" display! XD
    Who's getting 2500+ per day (per the poll)?
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    A random person who wanted someone else to wonder & say "Who's getting 2500+ per day (per the poll)?"
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Member Posts: 230
    I found this thread on the toucharcade forum it's about average game sales also. It seems 0-15 sales a day is what most developers are achieving.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=20072