Stopping work on my TOTB4

EthanZarovEthanZarov Member Posts: 156
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
hey guys,
when I learned about the contest, I was really excited. 20 or so days later, my game does not feel like it is coming together as nice as I hoped, and looking back, I don't like the concept as much as I used to. I decided to not do the contest and work on my own game. It is a very hard contest to put out good work with the time limit you have. I am not as experienced as many others and I think putting a time limit on myself as well as having doubt in myself, is much harder than having unlimited time. I am not sure if I should've posted this or not, but I think I should saying that I entered it 20 days ago. So, I will probably compete in TOTB5, but until then, I will work on an unrelated game to the one I was previously working on.

etzer
Cyvi Games

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    No worries Etzer/Cyvi Games...

Thanks for giving it ago... the whole thing is never meant to get stressful...and just a reason to share game design ideas and get the forum discussing game creation...

good luck with your other game project and I look forward to seeing your work in the next contest...

Always open to suggestions on what you would change to improve the contest...?

i.e. make it longer 2 months? or shorter but with no art work ... 2 days long?
  • GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    @stormystudio 2 days would be hard stormy because, many people could be busy over the two days. Maybe a week no artwork? But I like the month as it is, if anything its maybe to long. :)
  • EthanZarovEthanZarov Member Posts: 156
    @stormystudio

I love the contest. I have suggestions, though. I think that you should have a theme that is more open, so that people can go outside the box more. I think that most peoples ideas at first were meteors and comets. And really, 75% of the entries, aren't as creative as I would've hoped them to be. I am looking forward to the next one though. Can;t wait. When will the next one be, do you do one per year? I am new to the whole thing. one other thing is that there should be a little bit more time. For example, one could start June 1st, and end 4th of July, or another could start November 1st and end Christmas. You could have the end date an important date in the month after the time it starts, just to give a couple extra days to publish your work, or put in audio and graphics.