TOTB 4 - Game: Underground Rescue Team

mm34125mm34125 Member Posts: 35
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
Hey folks,

I am impressed that so many members of the GS community take part in this contest! Some of your projects look great! After some hopeless attempts I finally had an idea that will become my contest entry. I hope it's not too late to present my game! In the last two weeks I have been working on a game that puts you in the shoes of an underground rescue team. The end of the world is near and earthquakes have damaged most big cities. Of course, many people are buried alive under the rubble. The player controls a rescue vehicle and sends rescue robots into the ground. The goal is to find as many victims buried alive as possible.

I am working on a video where I would like to explain how I went about designing the game and give you a first preview! :)

Have fun,
Marc

Comments

• David_GryphonsRealmDavid_GryphonsRealm Member Posts: 459
    Good luck with the game !! Sounds Intriguing !! Looking forward to the video update !!

David
  • mm34125mm34125 Member Posts: 35
    Here's the video on the design process of my game. Hope you like it! :)

• simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @mm34125 ... looks great Marc, very interesting concept and visually looks polished already. Just thinking aloud here with some ideas that might be helpful (or not) :D
    Maybe the first few levels have the trapped person in a cave that is slightly bigger than the person and then if the rescue bot hits the cave anywhere the person crawls (animatedly) to the bot .. that way the first levels could be easy to help train the user. The caves could then get smaller as the levels go up. Also maybe on hard levels the rescue bot could find objects that allow a second scan of the underground or something like that, or it needs to collect a explosive first then to blast through a hrad level of ground above a person who needs saving etc. Lastly I thought perhaps some people might need saving before others to make it fun and challenging so perhaps some are in a cave with rising water and a time bar indicates that they need saving before a certain number of seconds. Anyway hope that helps in some way. Best of luck ... (for second place of course as I'm also in the contest ... lol!)
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    edited January 2012
    WOW! I love the originality, could really be a hit if polished after the Comp :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Support Fabled Apps! :D

Please LIKE Fabled Apps on Facebook.

Please Subscribe to Fabled Apps on YouTube.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    very cool concept...
  • mm34125mm34125 Member Posts: 35
    Hey guys, thank you very much for your comments! It is very encouraging to learn that some of you find my concept interesting.

@ozboybrian G'day mate :) I certainly hope so! Greetings to Australia, I used to live and work in Adelaide for a while.

@simo103 I also like your game and follow your development thread. I read your suggestions with great interest. Funnily, some of your ideas were already on my list (i.e. rising water). And yes, I would like to continue my work on the game after the contest :) I wish you all the best for the competition!