TOTB4 - "Zen Apocalypse"

skotleachskotleach Member Posts: 48
edited January 2012 in Conferences and Events
I know it's late in the month, but I've decided to take a shot at the TOTB4 contest. The working title for my game is "Zen Apocalypse."

I don't have much to show at the moment. My concept involves using the device clock and date to trigger apocalyptic events. Instead of trying to prevent the apocalypse or trigger it, the goal will be to witness apocalyptic events.

More to come...

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    good luck...nice idea...can't see how it will evolve...but that kind of originality couldbe key to winning... its never too late... (well I guess if the world ends tomorrow it is... but other than that you should be fine...)
  • skotleachskotleach Member Posts: 48
    Here's a mock-up... Found a design style I'm digging. Not sure I'm gonna make the deadline. We'll see.

• GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    Art looks good :)
  • skotleachskotleach Member Posts: 48
    Here's a video for my game "Apocalypse Postcards"

Why I think it's original:

I wanted to achieve three specific goals with my entry . First I wanted to create a fresh take on the the “end of the world” theme. Second I wanted to utilize GameSalad’s clock functionality in a unique way. Third I wanted to use at least one Gamesalad feature in a way that it was not necessarily intended. For my first goal, rather then create a game where the objective is to prevent the end of the world or cause it, the premise of my game is to photograph apocalyptic events. For my second goal, I used Gamesalad’s clock feature so that the time of day you play the game is reflected in the app. Play at night and you get a star scape. Play during the day and you get daytime sky. Play in winter and it may snow. I took it a step further by making certain events take place only at specific times of day and year. For my third goal I used the Pause function in Gamesalad to emulate photographs. When the player snaps a photo it triggers the pause screen with a photo matte png. I think I have the seeds of a great game.