Delete more then one Soundfile

PuschelFriendsPuschelFriends Member Posts: 19
Hi Forum,

i loaded 400 Soundfiles in my Gamesalad Project. But now i need only 100. How can i delete more then one file. Its not possible to do a multi select for Sound files.
It works for images - but not with sound files.

please help

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    [WARNING: Before attempting this, back it up and perform the following on a copy in case you mess up!]

Open up the .gameproj project file (right-click and "show contents") and delete the sound files in the appropriate sub-directory (it is named "sounds" or something) and then remove the reference lines in the, I think (not on a Mac right now) "resource.xml" file, that reference the those deleted sounds.

That may be an easier way than in the GS app but it is more risky.
  • sdparduesdpardue Member Posts: 110
    If you're going to use the method that rebump suggests, (1) follow his WARNING to back up and work on a copy, and (2) ensure that there are no behaviors remaining in your game that reference the sound files you remove.
    Good point sdpardue: ensure that there are no behaviors remaining in your game that reference the sound files you remove.

If you don't, your project may act funny or not respond at all (thus the warning).

BTW, sdpardue, you have that classic Unix hacker look (or mathematician/physicist) to your avatar! Most Unix hacker types I know sport the facial hair like you do. :-)
  • sdparduesdpardue Member Posts: 110
    @rebump - yes, I've spent a lot of years working on Unix boxes and not having to shave every morning! But the last 4 years -- nothing but Mac.
    @sdp - well, Mac...OSX since early 2000s...so basically the same thing in a way. :-)
  • PuschelFriendsPuschelFriends Member Posts: 19
    thanks! :D I will try it tonight! :D
  • PuschelFriendsPuschelFriends Member Posts: 19
    Thanks, it works :D