Now that IAP has been out for awhile....

T8TRG8TRT8TRG8TR Member Posts: 120
What type of IAP tends to get the best download %? I've heard of people getting 5-10% of people downloading their app getting IAP and some people having less than 1%.

I feel like games that have you pay to unlock the full version probably get more IAP downloads than games that just include powerups.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Hey,

@P-O-M did a test a while ago with his game. He was getting around 15 downloads a day, if I remember correctly.
    He was using the IAP for buying coins etc.

I am about to submit my app, Penguin Pounce Lite, to Apple. It has an IAP to unlock the full game. I am eager to see what happens with it.
  • T8TRG8TRT8TRG8TR Member Posts: 120
    Yeah I saw P-O-M's thread. He would be in the <1% category. I thought he said he got like 100+ IAP the day he went back to paid though? Anyways I saw other people saying they were getting the 5-10% on their IAP, so hopefully yours does well!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    IAP is just like iADs and all the other freemium "gimmicks" You have to have a really great game to have a high conversion rate in the iAD example that would be the same for a high fill rate. a great game getting lots of downloads.

Definitely try it if you have pro. I would just not expect miracles especially if the game has not already done well as a paid game.
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    edited February 2012
    "IAP is just like iADs and all the other freemium "gimmicks" You have to have a really great game to have a high conversion rate"

+1

I was getting approx. 3 sales/day steadily for a month on one of my apps, then released a lite version with option to unlock to full with IAP. The paid version dropped to 0 sales almost immediately, but I'm getting about 3 IAP unlocks a day instead lol. So yea IAP isn't going to do any wonders if the game is not very popular in the first place.
  • T8TRG8TRT8TRG8TR Member Posts: 120
    @Chobbiface how many downloads are you getting of your free game a day?
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    Approx. 400/day on release, now at 100/day.