Layer Issue

ashriotashriot Member Posts: 8
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I am trying to create a concept of actors that are hidden behind other actors until you discover a way to show them. They come animating out from behind the actor and you can click them.

The problem is, you are able to click them when they are still hidden! Even when I made a boolean that determined whether or not the clickable actors were showing, if you clicked before showing them nothing would happen.... but as soon as you show the actor, they instantly click! :( It's like it registers the click but waits for the other half of the rule (the boolean to be true) to be complete before actually registering the click...

Sorry if that's confusing, but this problem is really irritating. Due to the way this is set up, it's not really feasible for me to simply move the button offscreen, it needs to be nestled behind another actor.

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    as it stands, there is currently no way only click the closest actor in a stack of actors. they will all receive the click. for example, a deck of cards. If you click the top card, you click ALL the cards.

You're going to have to do some trickery with invisible buttons that show/hide actors. put all the code on the invisible triggers.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    hmm.. the "waiting" behavior that ashriot describes concerns me. Can you upload a demo that shows this waiting behavior? The rules shouldn't wait for all parts of the expression to fire and then fire latently. That's just bizaro land.
  • ashriotashriot Member Posts: 8
    Hey thanks for the replies :D I had to go to work and i have to go back in a little bit, but I've uploaded the broken ui... http://gamesalad.com/game/play/44045

Try clicking the green box before and after raising the UI. It should only click when its up, not down (then as soon as it goes up)!
    Hee hee that game is fun XD

But yeah, like that! When the UI is down, it shouldn't respond to touch... Any idea what is wrong?
    I appreciate it! I'm off to work unfortunately, but I'll check it out and let you know what happens. :)