Make a scrolling Background (Sry, I'm a N00b)

Sebastian1314Sebastian1314 Member Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
How do you make a background scroll? Sorry, I am completely new at this, and the tut vids didn't show how to do it, and the wiki doesn't have anything mentioning about this. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    When you start the program choose the basic shoot em up template. It is a scrolling shooter game. Study what is there and use the wiki. Basically you create an invisible actor and give it a move behavior or velocity behavior along with a control camera behavior. then you just need to set the scene size to be much larger than the screen (in the direction you want it to scroll i.e. X or Y). Then when you start the game to invisible actor will start moving in the direction you tell it and the camera will follow it.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    There's actually another way.

With scitunes' method your actor across a large screen to do the scrolling.

If you have the same seamless wrapping background that you see over and over again, in v0.4.7, if you have wrap enable on your scene attributes, the image will wrap at the borders of your scene. You would just need to have a move behavior on your background image.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    cool!
  • Sebastian1314Sebastian1314 Member Posts: 2
    ok! thanks!