Jumping Inconsistently - HELP!

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I am using the jump method outlined in the wiki with a timer and acceleration upward with two conditions:

1)Spacebar down
2)Actor is overlaping with the platform (I have tried putting an invisible non colliding "buffer" actor above the platforms as well as plain old platforms - same result with both)

My problem is that when I press the space bar it works about 70% of the time. When it doesn't work it seems as if the camera is "stuck" (at least vertically) and some reason then my actor will not jump. Then I move along a bit and press the space bar and it works.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Comments

• harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

post a pic of your rules...sometimes we are not doing what we think we are doing. let some other eyes check it out.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I could do that, but it really is exactly like the wiki says to do it. So mainly I just wondered if I was the only one. And if others are finding the same thing what work-arounds have people come up with?
  • MillerEPMillerEP Member Posts: 22
    Is the acceleration stacked or accumulative?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I submitted a bug report and the gendai games person said that for some reason the game was not recognizing that my actor and the jump platform were colliding even though they clearly appeared to be overlapping by a good deal. So there is something going on there. I was able to work around it by creating some attributes so it works pretty well now. Check it out if you get a chance:

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/8443