a cartoon rocket
1 picture rocket
2 picture rocket with fire little difference i want it animated

a laser you know what a laser looks like

a shiny star

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
  • 1timmy31timmy3 Member Posts: 20
    like it but can you loads of pictures of it so i can animation :) like 1 with fire 1 without it and little changs
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Check out iStockPhoto.com

$1-3 per raster graphics (jpegs)
    $10 per vector graphics (illustrator)

I did a quick search for "rocket" and got 2161 results
    If you are REALLY cheap (like me)...try a google image search first.
  • 1timmy31timmy3 Member Posts: 20
    im just scitunes rocket now

can you make me a star and lasers
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    @1timmy3 no one is going to make you a rocket here! dont expect to come here and just demand what you want. scitunes has very kindly offered his rocket, be grateful, and edit it yourself.
    Or go on istockphotos (as synthesis said) and buy them!!!
    @synthesis can u actually search on google for images? i thought you couldn't for copyright reasons.
    if you download pixen or gimp (both free) you can taken an image like that rocket and do almost anything with it.

As far as that rocket goes, you happened to catch me at a time when I was doing tedious stuff with my project and taking 3 minutes to make that rocket was a nice break. I really don't have time to animate it for you. If I get to another point where I really need a mental break I'll try to make a star in the same style, but again, what you do with it is up to you. Good luck!
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    @scitunes: That rocket is cool.
    You could use it for a logo.
    thanks! I made it in about 3 minutes in a nice little program called Art Text 2 (I now use it for nearly all my buttons or anything I want to look beveled or 3d)
    @giacom...
    depends on the source of the image...some are copywritten...some are not.
    However...if you "modify" the image "considerably"...then its your "unique" work.

Like an image? Run it through photoshop with some filters, color adjustments...etc.
    Or blend images...

Point is...manipulate the images and they become "art".

Also...
    Google is good for "generic" imagery. Need a picture of a horse for example...get a horse picture there...Who the hell is gonna know if that horse in your game was the horse in their picture...and then prove it in a court of law.

Baseline...
    Horse picture from Google...Good Source
    Picture of Marilyn Monroe...Bad (her identity is copywritten)
    Coca-Cola bottle...Bad (obvious copyrights)
    Picture of an old man...Probably not...since he is "recognizable".
    In theory, I don't think is correct. If a person creates something of an intellectual nature in permanent form it is officially copyrighted. There is no legal requirement to do anything other than make it a permanent form. This can be writing song lyrics on a napkin in lipstick - I'm not exaggerating. The reason to register it is that it would be impossible to take your lipstick napkin into court to prove that the hit song that was stolen from you was really yours first.

In practice, if you take an image from google and photoshop the heck out of it there is probably no way the original artist would be able to prove that you used their art as a starting point. So you would probably be fine - it really is a question of what you are comfortable with ethically. But I know in music if I take a 3 second section of someone else's song and use it as some sort of loop or something in my otherwise original song they are owed royalties.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Not even a please, or thank you.

@scitunes, That rocket you made is dead cool.
    I feel really stupid taking ANY credit for it. You really should look into Art Text 2:

http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/overview.php

I find myself using it all the time.

For that rocket I used a pencil graphic and some other weird thing (the bottom) along with the flame (all of these came as a part of Art Text). Then I gave each image a preset effect and copied them all to photoshop as separate layers so I could line them up right. Seriously, the top part is fricken pencil that I didn't even draw! I made that thing in less than 3 minutes.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Just downloaded that program, its really nifty (Do people use that word anymore?) I will probably use it quite often. Though I do feel that $50 is rather expensive. :\
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    I use it & love it personally. I am with scitunes. I use it for non-buttons also. It makes a lot of different things easier to make.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Can someone make me a game?

It needs helicopters. Lots of helicopters. Animated please.

And a walrus. And flying elephants. You know what elephants look like.

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

AHH the memories =)
    I can quantumsheep. I will definitely stop working on my own and spend the next 6 weeks working on yours. Anyone else want me to do their's too? Was that flying elephant with our without fire breathing effects.
    i need to get a poker game on my webstie. i am offering pay for someone that can help me. I need a poker game on the site and for me to have unlimited chips to give out to my members. Im not making a gambling site. Please someone help me. i dont know if you can post emails but if oyu can help me please email me at*****************************. If im not allowed to post me email im sorry mods im just desperate to get this game on my site. Once again i am hiring a game programmer to make a game or even mabey two. so please help thank you

(If you have no idea what I'm talking about:
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=3616#post-20959
    )
    @JGary
    Some of these people should never be let outside...let alone on the internet!

My worst client experience...
    I skip Christmas to make his damn deadline in the beginning of Jan. By the time they get back from Xmas...they cancel the contract and try to stiff me on the $20K they owed me...

We settled for $14K. BASTARD CLIENTS!!!

The worst part...
    He calls me up 2 months later wanting corrections.

Maybe GS will eliminate my need for clients once and for all!