How to screw yourself out of the release date page 101

JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
Well i did an update and it was approved before my game hit the new release page.

Guess what... it wasn't a new release anymore.
Completely screwed out of the release date page entirely

Im half temped to delete it and start over

Comments

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I don't really understand, what happened to you, but you know, that you can change the release date one time...

So if you set the release date to the 15th and you get released on the 13th, you can set the date to 13 in itunes connect, so you get to the release page.

Deleting an app and rereleasing will get you nowhere.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Hmmm. I've got to get up to speed on this release date stuff. I didn't even pay attention to that when my first (and so far only) game came out, so I don't even know when or if it was on the new page.

My next game (in the works) is going to be a paid app, so I've got to get a handle on how to time this. I know there have been a number of threads, but if anyone feels up to consolidating that info into a single post, it would be helpful to many of us.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    This much is certain. your app hits and you are in that limbo couple of days waiting for your app to get listed (but it is in the app store).

If you look at your app in the app store not iTunes connct you will see a release date. That is the date you will be lumped into for the release date page.

Now that will come from one of two places. The date approved by apple or you release date. Whichever is the lesser of the two will be your assigned datw for the released on page.

So yes you can get approved on the 25th and change your date to get released and hit the AppStore on the 30th but you get listed by the lesser in this case the 25th.

To ge max tome on that first page you want your date to be the same date apple approves the app. If they apprbe it on the 25th. And you had your date set as the 23 rd that is how you end up on the s
    Second page the day your app finally shows up...... Not good

my case was entirly diff due to an update before I was listed making my app not register n the system as a new appB
    Sorry for being sloppy I'm on my phone and I'm too lazy to fix typos.
    @Hunn

Yeah I wish I could do that. In fact I usually just set my date way in the future and then change it to the day of once apple approves it much like you were saying.

Unfortunatly iTunes just doesn't think it is a new app since it is not v1.0
    so it was not listed at all.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I didn't pay attention to recent changes, because our last app went out a long time ago, but this is the stuff, why I hate apple :-P

They can't manage anything to work as expected.

I mean, why the hell do I have to set a release date, when it just causes problems instead of helping me?

Apple hates developers. Period. :-)