Rejected and account threatened

2»

Comments

• UnicornInvasionUnicornInvasion Member Posts: 301
    Can't we just get rid of play haven or make it optional because it is proving to show many problems. I just don't feel its necessary,
  • lollollollol Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2012
    UnicornInvasion, I 100% agree with you. I have been reading all along about Play Haven and I to can just not understand why GS went with them when there are so so many other options out there.
    I have downloaded many of all the Gamesalad users games and most of them are showing up Gambling ads. While I don't mind these adds showing up but when they show up to Children its just NOT RIGHT,this is just wrong.

While Gamesalad do act fast when this happens and do try protect there users I'm sure many feel they should have sorted this out before they went with them.

Its only a matter of time before parents complain to apple for exposing there kids to adult and gambling ads.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @lollol

I don't think play haven allows adult ads in their system, and any gambling ads should only target apps that have an adult rating. There has been a case where an ad got through before, but @StraightSaladShooter contacted them when it was posted here and the ad was removed from rotation.

As with all new things, there are going to be some growing pains. It's not the best system, but it is a way for them to continue to offer people the ability to create and publish games for free.
  • SxarcisiousSxarcisious Member Posts: 45
    Last 2 weeks my app has been rejected twice due to the play haven ad. It says I cannot charge for an app if it has forced advertising, but I do not want to make my app free. Is there a way to get around this beside getting pro version? I just cant afford that at this time. It is frustrating that apple is doing that.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    @lollol

I don't think play haven allows adult ads in their system, and any gambling ads should only target apps that have an adult rating. There has been a case where an ad got through before, but @StraightSaladShooter contacted them when it was posted here and the ad was removed from rotation.
    I am definitely seeing gambling ads for kid-friendly apps. My "Rated 4+" apps don't seem to have this problem, but I have a "Rated 9+" app that gets this sort of ad frequently:

In contrast (?), one of my "Rated 4+" kids games just featured this ad, which would receive at least a "Rated 9+" from Apple according to its definitions:

[Apologies for the large image sizes but I wanted to make sure they were big enough to see properly... feel free to resize/delete them if needed]

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    @SaladStraightShooter just did, thanks!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• pinata14pinata14 Member Posts: 150
    @SaladStraightShooter
    ok, so just wondering: has the new .9.92 update fixed apple rejections for free users?
    I'm currently working on a game that will be my first for the iphone. This so, I would have to purchase an ios license and even if it does get published it would be a big risk as i dont have much money to spare. I dont want to spend the $100 if I wont even be able to publish to it.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Really shocked. But yeah just needs more manageability to avoid these problems in future.
    Glad to be Pro!
  • dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    @SSS I have been watching these complaints about inappropriate Playhaven adds since it came out. Although it's not all the time it is persistently a problem. I know that better systems have been put in place to help out but its still happening. And the ad hoc let's deal with each such occurrence when it happens is going to get old. Plus, god knows how many times its happening without the developer knowing. The fact is it is reasonable to assume that for every reported case there are 10 times if not more that go unreported because they are happening with the end user who may say nothing but just delete the app. At some point (not there yet) if this continues to happen there will be no excuse and GS will be at fault for choosing to partner with who it did. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. Playhaven to date :(

But do love the price change and things added to latest version. :)!!!
  • PhiliePhilie PRO Posts: 240
    annnnnd this is why no one wants Playhaven..