help on deciding on a company name...

rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
edited November -1 in Introductions
Hi y'all,
I've been thinking about T-shirtbooth comment on deciding on a name and it does make a big deal how you present yourself to the world.

I would like some feedback.

Please vote on some possible options.

any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Choose 3 hobbies that you like (relevant to IT) and merge them together for a name.

Thats how I got mine.
  • rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
    I hit save and couldn't edit it.
    I meant, icecubeapps.com

thanks for checking.
    I'm an independent Coldfusion contractor doing Web and iPhone web application development and now Games...so, web, mobile and games.
    WebGamez4Mobiles

lol I cant think of much.

Im sure if you google for the right stuff you will find a site where you add 3-4 key words and it thinks of a name for you.
  • sdparduesdpardue Member Posts: 110
    Of the 4 above, only luarapps.com is available. Technically icecubeapps.com IS available, but I suspect it wouldn't be long before you'd get a cease and desist letter.

I like iDeveloperz suggestion.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Are you set on one of the poll choices?
    Is rdcube related to your name?

Of the choices, I like the "ice cube apps"... I think it lends itself to an interesting logo possibility. Sort of works with the Coldfusion specialty as well.
    Yeh what tshirtbooth said sounds good.
    Another thought, I could see "ice cubed apps" as "ice3apps" with the "3" in the superscript position so it's "cubed".
    Ha, thinking alike now.
    That's pretty cool...Thanks for the suggestions.

It's funny how the word 'cube' can be tossed around.
    My main meaning for the word 'cube' is mainly related to 'office cubicles'.
    I setup a small home office or 'cube' where I do all my development.

I have rdcube.com reserved when I join GS with this username, but nothing up already.

luar is mainly my name spelled backwards.

I did a google searched on 'ice cube apps' and the rapper 'ice cube' comes a lot on the results...I wouldn't want to be associated or sue by them.

as for iCubeApps, there's a company already 'CubeApps', I'm just putting the 'i' to make it 'independent'.

I REALLY like the 'icecubeapps'...I thought about "maker's mark drink on the rocks" as a logo ;)
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    I really like:
    ColdFuzionDesign
    ColdFuzionApps
    IceCubeFuzion
    CubedFuzionApps

Haha I think I just like the word fuzion :)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    In a moment of madness I came up with 'coolasf**kapps' - unmarketable I know!

On a more serious note, I like coldfusion apps - or coldfusion games. The ice cube name is pretty good too.

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    cubefusion
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    cubelicous.com ;-)

Actually, cube could be spun with a "q" too to possibly open up more domain names being available.
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Don't get funky with spelling or people will never remember the name or can't remember how to spell it. Keep it simple and don't play games with the spelling and you'll do better. (I've been in web design/development for nearly 10 years...for what that's worth)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I like

www.icecubeapps.com

I would'nt think it was related to the rapper. The logo could be cool...

I can't imagine the rapper Mr.Cube would have any licencing on the word icecube....otherwise he'd have the rights to a whole drawer in my freezer.
    Thanks to all for your feedback.
    You've given me some things to think about.

and just like sdpardue mentioned, although I like 'icecubeapps', I don't want to risk it...still undecided if it'll be a good fit with 'web and mobile' work which is what I do most.

so now I'm down to 'cubefusionapps', 'rdcube' or 'icubeapps' (or my new favorite 'coolasfunkapps').

I'm not a good designer, so the logo for me will be challenging...but once I decide on one, I don't mind paying for someone to create a KA logo for me.