Updating Nightmare

xactoxacto Member Posts: 146
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I just made some changes on my game StarFire and I have been trying to upload the file. I did a save as... and then zipped the file and deleted the .zip and replaced it with .game.

It uploads, however it will not run. (It works great if I preview it within GS. Any ideas?

Also, when will the documents on updating games be "updated"... there is no "export" in the file menu. :(

Comments

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Do it the easy way. Hide your current version of the game, so no one can see it. Then publish a new copy. From now on you will be able to update directly from within GS.
  • xactoxacto Member Posts: 146
    Can someone please let me know the proper way of updating a game on this website.

This is what I do:
    1. Save my file
    2. Zip the file
    3. Rename the files extension (zip) to ".game"

Every time I upload, it never works... I have to get an admin to fix it each time. Am I doing something wrong?
    Do it the easy way. Hide your current version of the game, so no one can see it. Then publish a new copy. From now on you will be able to update directly from within GS.
  • xactoxacto Member Posts: 146
    Because I will lose all my stats, comments and followers.

Can someone who knows the proper way of updating a game on this wibsite let me know.....

Thanks.
    To each his own. Good luck with this. I'll just stick with my update button within GS. Takes about 10 seconds to do it.

Come to the dark side Luke.