http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/challenge-the-seconds/id504846010?mt=8
can please tell me what u think about it

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited March 2012
    Is this an art related issue? What exactly has you disapointed? If its a design or technical issue, post into those topics please!

With a general question of "what is wrong in my game", you are leaving your game wide open to critique and criticism and the issue/s that originally bothered you may not be addressed.
  • rnyacoubrnyacoub Member Posts: 132
    will i think its with art, because when i posted 15 promo codes just 4 of them have been used. then i change it to free, 47 downloads 1st day, 97 downloads 2nd day
  • micksolomicksolo Member Posts: 264
    There seem to be some obvious issues with the presentation of your game on the store.

Firstly your icon doesn't really stand out, nor does it really reflect the game. Your blurb is written in quite poor English and your screenshots don't convey what the game is. I think you should try adding some text to your screenshots to convey what's happening. Typically you have about 10 seconds for someone to look at your app store page, and if they can't grasp the concept, then they won't buy your app, even if your game is awesome.

Secondly, about your game, there are some issues with the gameplay - There are some games which are very similar to this that are much better presented and better designed. I think you should look at those games, then try to improve your game so its at a level closer to those.

For one example, the game where you have to judge the relative size between 2 buildings, what's the point of playing that game twice? I know the answer, the only challenge is to press the button faster.

Anyway it seems you have skills to make good GS games - so don't get too down about poor sales, just use those experiences to improve the next time around.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need Help Marketing Your Game? Contact me at mick@5MinuteSiesta.com / www.5MinuteSiesta.com
    thank u @micksolo
    edited March 2012
    I think you have a good thing going with the mini games, but it is lacking atmosphere. The game needs some more personality. Some tweaks to the art, music and sound effects would help. Add some menu music and tunes or FX for levels passed or failed. An intro/title screen would help identify the game and pull the player in. As it starts out, I open the game and I'm not sure what it is about until I click on the minigame icon.

In Japan this would be considered a panic or panic maker game. It's exciting, the player is pressed for time or quick reflexes and there is usualy a higher level of quirkyness to those types of games. I guess I'm saying the salad is a little bland. Add some more dressing and fresh pepper to spice it up.
    will do @RP, thanx
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    My 2 cents...
    1. Icon looks like a stopwatch or alarm clock app, it's grey and not attractive
    2. For me the name does not draws me in - why would I challenge the seconds? who are the seconds?
    3. The description does not get me excited, there is nothing over the top or enticing that will want me to check it out. It's also have some grammar issues and I'm not sure what my girlfriend have to do with any of it.
    4. The screenshots are cryptic - I can't tell what you are showing and what I am supposed to do. Add text to make it challenging and exciting

I also agree with @RP about the atmosphere, the game need a background story and personality that will draw me back in.

Good luck

Follow Eating My Hat on Facebook and the Blog
    Check out my templates in the GS Marketplace or at the store

• SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    It's lacking a 'game feel'... Your art is nice and clean but it just looks like a collection of icons and not like a game. The same goes for the icon - nice, clean but bland and not conveying the idea of a game (it looks more like an app icon).

I did a quick mock of the first thing that came to my mind - a brighter background for more panic, timer, question marks, player under pressure - translates into something like this:
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Love those @SpriteAttack

I don't think it is the game that is a problem …but … the icon … the description … the screenshots are not vibrant and exciting …
    and that is what I said 2 days ago and say again.

work on those 3 things … @myacoub … you get it going!

@};- MH
  • gsil247gsil247 Member Posts: 3
    Like the guys said, polish it up so that it looks presentable. But I'm here to add something else; marketing. Remember, even if you make a great game, you still need people to know it exist. There are millions of apps out there, so if you just slap it out, then you just wasting time. People need to be informed about it. Here are some pointers for you:

- Make a website that is fun, simple, and gets your point across
    - Show trailers of the game
    - Market to other countries. The US isn't the only country where iPhones exist.
    - Make a Facebook and Twitter page for the game. Although you should have done this in early development to generate buzz for the game.
    -Once you polish the game and make it great, send it to reviewers
    http://www.travisdunn.com/30-review-sites-to-promote-your-iphone-applications-games
    - Gamesalad has a premium package that is $500, but it helps make you money and even advertise your game.
    - If you have the budget, then try getting your ad posted on the front page of websites like Yahoo, or smaller sites within your budget.
    - One of the reviews is bound to like your game. Once they do, make sure you say that in your ad.

I know these help so good luck to you.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    After playing the game I must disagree, the game also have problems. Please don't take it in a bad way because I think that with some basic work you can have a fairly good game.

While you fixing the description, icon and screenshot might get you some more downloads, there is still work to be done to make sure that they will not delete it after 30 seconds. Basically, right now it is not a game but a collection of mini-games, like a 20-in-1 type of app where none of the games are good by its own.
    1. The tests are presented just as a a collection of mini-games and not as a challenge. It will be better to let people win something, like having only 5 games unlocked and unlock more after you win a specific number of stars
    2. Another option is to group the games into tests, so level 1 have 5 games and when you pass it at a specific speed/score, unlock level 2 tests
    3. The navigation is all wrong, after I'm done with the test I don't move forward or back, I only have an option to replay the test
    4. I noticed some arabic numbers on the games icons (or at least it looks like it), you might want to change those - many people will not know what it means
    5. Try to represent time as a bar on the screen or something more noticeable, the figures are not noticeable so there is no pressure until time is up

hope it helps.

Follow Eating My Hat on Facebook and the Blog
    Check out my templates in the GS Marketplace or at the store
    Thank u guys, i think u have touched the pain. i will make my best.
    Gamesalad community is the best
    Thank u guys, i think u have touched the pain. i will make my best.
    Gamesalad community is the best
    Dude, you've got the right formula, just improve on it. Your motivation and attitude are something that seperates those who care vs. those whom only want fortune and glory.

Thank u @RP