**Dungeon Explorer** iPad tester needed !!

GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
edited March 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Been working on this dungeon crawler for quite sometime. During this period GS was not very smooth due to many crashes and lagging but i manged to get it to a playable stage with working leveling, monster killing & purchasing of items. It's is not perfect so i need you guys to help me feedback any bugs or areas of improvement. Thank you.
Leave your emails so i can send you the testflight details.

Ok just a small description of the gameplay.
You explore a dungeon filled with monsters(currently 3 only) and train yourself up by getting experience and at the same time you may encounter chest that are filled with rewards. You can use teleport scrolls to escape dungeon, use HP potions to heal & you need keys to open chest that you find. These 3 items can be purchased on the start screen "Misc Shop". I have put in 3 free stats points, 100 gold and some HP potions to start you off. Stats will affect atk point, def point and max hp, so use your stats wisely. Monsters are set will auto increased difficulty as you explore later dungeons. However if you choose to stay on the easiest dungeon to kill, the amount of gold and experiences will drop drastically and if your character level is very high you get almost nothing at all. Though you can still explore those dungeon to search for chest. This way you are forced to explore the later dungeon in order to gain more experience and gold. So basically you tap the monster to kill them, there's probability of all 3 monsters appearing together so your finger will be very tired tapping :P So keep in mind you need lots of HP to stay alive.

anymore tesflight users so i can make adhoc, btw it's an ipad build. so those who can help me out pls leave email.

here's a link register here for Testflight

Comments

• GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    edited March 2012
    By the way, if anyone could help point me to some nicer arts i will be grateful.
  • bazookaBenbazookaBen Member Posts: 318
    this looks awesome. Loading looks laggy, but if you can solve that part, i think you can have something great.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Looks good … been waiting to test!

my name at gmail .com

@};- MH
    edited March 2012
    anymore tesflight users so i can make adhoc, btw it's an ipad build. so those who can help me out pls leave email.

here's a link Testflight
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited March 2012
    @GLGames I sent you a private message with my email address. Okay, I just registered via the link.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Thank you guys , i really need more ipad testers, so far only one available. If the ipad version goes well i will convert the whole game to iphone / ipod resolution but that will take time. But till the ipad version is bug free i cannot convert.
  • powkiepowkie Member Posts: 63
    Sent you an priv message with my email :)
  • EinsteinAppsEinsteinApps Member Posts: 81
    GLG - PMed with details, have iPad1 and iPad2 =)
    Please register via the testflight link, thx
    Waiting for more ipad users before i build the adhoc for testing. Please sign up guys, thank you.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I sold my iPad2 last week so I'm iPad less until friday. Once I get the details I'll sign up.
  • zzap64zzap64 Member Posts: 405
    Dungeon Master was my Fav game on the Commodore Amiga by FTL, I'm sure you know this game but if not check it out.
    Hi guys, i have sent out the first build of the game to 5 of you guys who registered. do feedback anything you find regarding the game. Suggestion on making better are very welcome. Thanks.
  • timlitostimlitos Member Posts: 4
    Just looking at your video I have a few minor suggestions. Do you have a full screen map that the player can pull up? If not, it may be a good idea. Also, in the existing mini-map, and if you have a full screen map, it would be super helpful to the player to indicate the tiles they have already been to. It could be a simple color change.
    yes i have a full screen map on the way, thats what the '+' under the mini map is for but i still trying to make it cos i have not finalised all the dungeon size for the final build. Right now every dungeon is about 25x25 grids, am thinking of making small dungeon to bigger ones as you climb the level.For walked tiles i will have to rethink how i can make it happen, i can toggle the mini map itself to a different color since it is made up of a 5x5 grids put together. but choice of color is crucial as it will be difficult to see it when overlayed.
    Just an update of who had successfully installed the adhoc and got it running??
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    All good no problems :)
    wows thx for feedback would also like to know if there's any improvement that you might think be necessary.
    Hi guys, any more feedback regarding this beta build?
    Would like to hear some comments or suggestion for improvement before i decide to release :P
    edited March 2012
    First off its an impressive piece of work and you should be "well chuffed"
    .....loading screen (after kip) is in portrait should be landscape
    I die a lot
    Characters (enemies) could be more lively and react to hits etc + they need to be easier to kill at first ? (for me anyway :) )
    volume control needed
    More depth on long straight corridors would be good (you sometimes don't appear to move so maybe you need a little more variable decoration)
    It is taking a long time for me to progress ? so maybe you need to look at balancing.
    edited March 2012
    Yes thanks for the feedback. i'm still finalizing the dungeons that i want to put in and also the level requirements to level up for each level. enemies will tire out your fingers for sure. Am trying to get a better algorithm fopr the enemy AI and all. Seems like the custom splash still have problems on ipad cos i have used a landscape resolution splash under advance option.
    As of now the enemies changes difficulty automatically for each dungeon but also decreases gold and exp gain for character level higher then the dungeon level itself.Actually difficulty also differs alot on how you assign your stats, try putting more on str and you'll see yourself killing everything in a few taps. So it's quite messy putting in a very balance algorithm. Very grateful for the feedbacks. Will get back to work on those enemies AI and all. :P
    I'll put some more taps in over the weekend :)
    Back to GS again after some time away. Seems like only Rob2 has played my game? No one else able to run this?
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    I don't think you ever added me to testflight (I sent you a PM), but you're welcome to. I'll have an iPad 2 running iOS 5.0 to use tomorrow and possibly over the weekend.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Did u registered via the testflight link? I did not receive any mails strangely.