Reset Game behavior seems glitchy

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
When I play my game online after uploading it it works fine the first time through. But when I click on the button I have created using a reset game behavior everything starts out fine but then as the game goes on it gets really glitchy (screen stutters as does the audio) and sometimes it causes safari to completely crash and burn. ANybody else having problems with the reset game behavior? Anything I should be doing differently?

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Are you using the game.Timer as a way to do a countdown? If so, Reset Game does not reset that.
    As for the other things, I'll take a look at it when I have some time.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I created a game attribute called timer (integer) and set it to 150 (if I remember correctly) and created a rule with a timer so that every second the game.timer is changed to game.timer-1

Then when game.timer = 0 there is a scene change to the "lose" scene

There is a button on the lose scene that says "try again" this actor has a reset game behavior. When I try it online I am able to play the game. If the timer was still at zero it would immediately go to the lose screen again so it does seem to be reset when I initiate the reset game behavior.

The problem is that the graphics get really stuttery (is that a word?) and sometimes it causes safari to crash on the second attempt at beating the game even though it works fine on the first time through.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I tried the game again and on the second time both the graphics and the audio are stuttering and even as I am now in the forum section of the site safari is struggling to load pages and I am getting the spinning pinwheel mouse icon. none of this happens when I only play the game the first time through.