Animating main player to shoot while walking

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I've animated my main character to shoot and hold out the weapon while standing still, but when walking, and shooting it looks glitchy, where do I place the animation piece while she's walking/running and shooting?

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    Do you create an animation of your character both shooting and walking at the same time? What I'd do is this.

If walking = true and space bar is down
    Animate "walking+shooting"
    If walking = false and space bar is down
    Animate "shooting""

Just gonna take more graphics work on your part.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I do need to create an animation with running plus shooting :)

So if I already have the rules for walking right, walking left, and shooting, then I need to create a separate rule like you said above, and create the animations for walking/shooting right?

What is the spacebar key for? That one I use for jumping at the moment, so I can just replace that with the shooting button I have declared which is right shift?

Thanks!
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    Yeah, a rule for each of the three actions (left, right, standing still), and you're gonna need to create animations for shooting while walking left, while walking right, and shooting while standing still. Fun, huh? :)

Space bar was just the key I used for shooting, but (obviously) you can replace it with anything.