Free Rolling Fog !

CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
Free Rolling Fog ! Or clouds or something spooky ! Might be of use to someone, maybe some rolling fog for one level of a plarformer ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?q4dm73zle7snfcq

Endlessly loops (all recycled) - you need to give it 2.6 seconds to draw up the clouds then it fades up and rolls forever !!

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Thanx @Tynan
    I always enjoy your demos/templates … such great code! … and always such a lovely visual experience!

@};- MH

"Games lubricate the body and the mind." — Benjamin Franklin
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @Tynan ... very cool .. thanks.
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    edited March 2012
    Thanx @Tynan
    I always enjoy your demos/templates … such great code! … and always such a lovely visual experience!
    Cheers ! Might make some good smog for a swamp or otherwise spooky situation, dungeon, haunted house, the car park at the back of the local Burger KIng . . . ?

There are lots of settings to tune it to how you want, for instance the undulating/up/down can be switch off and the speed slowed for a more cloudy, less swampy feel.
    @Tynan ... very cool .. thanks.

Cheers simo ! ;) ;) ;)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited March 2012
    Great Temp @tynan
    @motherhoose How do we do signatures? Or has @SSS blocked it on my account.. :D ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "This is a fake signature that I've done using HTML, When do we get real sig's? How did you set it up?" LeonardDeveloper
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    edited March 2012
    Cheers @Tynan this is great! I've got many little pieces of your demos, all have been really helpful. Think I'll collate them at one stage into a game called UltraKongBallsX™ :D
    @LeonarsDeveloper
    div class="UserSignature" … or quote my post and see the code … copy and paste with your own quote

@everyone… download and praise Tynan's Fog!

@};- MH

edited March 2012
    @motherhoose
    Thanks mate!, Im sorry I didn't get to reply to your email yet.. Ive been having a few bugs with my gmail account, I think tehyre was a virus in it or something and Gmail had to suspend it..
    Thanks,
    Jack
    Lol.. Just testing out how my old sig used to look like.. Im moving on to a quote though

Cheers @Tynan this is great! I've got many little pieces of your demos, all have been really helpful. Think I'll collate them at one stage into a game called SuperKongBallsTM :D
    SuperKongBalls™ is very 2011, we are currently working on UltraKongBallsX™.
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    SuperKongBalls™ is very 2011, we are currently working on UltraKongBallsX™.
    Unfortunately I've already trademarked UltraKongBallsX™, see my original post. Have you been photoshopping my posts again? ;)

@chobbiface
    Speaking of photoshopping posts, I long for the day that ill be a sous chef! :D I even did some concept art :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    download and praise Tynan's Fog!
    Lol ! Here's a more surfy / fluffy one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xhhygjyn7s23w19
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    @ Tynan So what's the deal? I want to see a blockbuster game, damn it! Not all these bits and pieces of awesome!
    edited March 2012
    @ Tynan So what's the deal? I want to see a blockbuster game, damn it! Not all these bits and pieces of awesome!
    Don't worry I am only giving you fools the crap I rejected :)) [insert the sound of some slightly unhinged laughing + moderate reverb] - these are the crumbs from the design table where my mighty blockbuster is taking shape !!! MuhahahaHahhahHAHAHAHA !

8-X
    Tynan lets face it... Your templates are fairly bad... We don't a template template We want a full completed game template... ;)
    Tynan lets face it... Your templates are fairly bad... We don't a template template We want a full completed game template... ;)
    Ok, wait there, let me make you a full game . . . . .
    edited March 2012
    @tynan
    Don't hand me a crappy one now... We have standards here...
    Aim for lost city style or just plain simply stop making templates! :D

""Sarcasm is a sexy language'" — J. Leonard

edited March 2012
    @tynan
    Don't hand me a crappy one now... We have standards here...
    Aim for lost city style or just plain simply stop making templates! :D
    Right, finished, this one will blow you away, SmashySmashSmashPro-HD-Retina-X2012™.

It's literally minutes of fun for all the family, even the dog.

http://www.mediafire.com/?669e1os2ia09m1m
    . . . . I just got 86 straight wins in a row !
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Bleedin' 'eck! Those foggy waves look nice! Am now expecting whatever your are working on to be look pretty damn good.

(I got 87.5 on SmashHD)
    well, that fullGame template reminds me of my game —BustingBalslBigTime … triple B rating … and rejected for Bust and Balls terms!

do Blue Balls actually go smash?
    and make that sound?

I don't see how you guys got those high scores … I lost count somewhere about 25

@Tynan … thanx anyway!  Could you tell me how I can make the ball move?

@};- MH

Bleedin' 'eck! Those foggy waves look nice! Am now expecting whatever your are working on to be look pretty damn good.

(I got 87.5 on SmashHD)
    Wait until I get GameCentre integration, you'll be able to see this kid in Japan who got 94 straight smashes, missed none . . . he's like a machine.

edited March 2012
    do Blue Balls actually go smash? and make that sound?
    : S
    I don't see how you guys got those high scores …
    Hand to eye coordination, dedication, loneliness and a mains lead.
    Could you tell me how I can make the ball move?
    Rule:
    - Move ball about a bit.
    If ball is moving about for longer than strictly nesseceray:
    --then:
    -Rule:
    Stop moving ball about.
    edited March 2012
    @tynan
    Your game is brilliant!, FMG can wave goodbye to his day of fame... You better release it soon, I under what the review people will think ;)
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited March 2012
    Your rolling fog demo is superb, Tynan; I'm really impressed with that! It works really well. :-)

----------------------------------------------
    http://davidgriffinapps.co.uk/

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Your rolling fog demo is superb, Tynan; I'm really impressed with that! It works really well. :-)
    Cheers !
  • cnmeyer1980cnmeyer1980 Member, PRO Posts: 211
    Hi there,

I would LOVE to see this example, however, the link doesnt seem to work anymore - does anyone have the example they can send, or know where it maybe on the web?

Many thanks,
    Chris
    I have it, just pm me to remind me & ill email you it when I get home
  • cnmeyer1980cnmeyer1980 Member, PRO Posts: 211
    Hi mate, sorry for the delay, just logged in for the first time in a couple of days - just wondering if you could email me the file to cnmeyer1980@hotmail.co.uk thank you so much, its very kind of you to take the time to send this to me. Cheers - Chris :) ^:)^