My Art and game Blog for beginners

TechNoirTechNoir Member, PRO Posts: 117
Hoy there,

It maybe useful to other beginners like me, to look at creative process for my first game. I will be listing out everything I do in a blog I have set up http://www.thesiliconvillage.com/ feel free to follow along as I go.. I will add detail as my game grows..

cheers,

TN

Comments

• UnicornInvasionUnicornInvasion Member Posts: 301
    edited April 2012
    sss will not appreciate you telling others about your blog. It will get closed. Send SaladStraightShooter a message and put your blog in the third party links!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Looks good - perhaps use a little copyright notice on images rather than such a huge watermark.
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @unicorninvasion .. pretty sure that only applies if he was selling something. A blog about the development of a game using GS is probably exactly what the forums should contain.
  • TechNoirTechNoir Member, PRO Posts: 117
    Yeah cool, in future I won't plaster the images with hugh watermarks...it does look a bit over the top.. I assumed because I wasn't selling anything there would be no issues with having a link to my blog.. Il message SSS and perhaps he can move this or delete it if he wants.. I just thought it would be helpful to some users.. I often see links to youtube tutorials so I don't see what the problem would be..
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    @TechNoir - nice start... I am looking forward to seeing more... :)

Just a few ideas on your design - and my guess is you are familiar with my tutorials (the rat kind of gives it away :) ). The face is rather square which is typically a more male characteristic - with the eyes moved down and the chin a bit more pointy she will get a more female look. Also keep an eye on the anatomy - the shoulder in your design is rather low - it should be a bit higher up. Also the shadows you use on the dress seem rather random. It helps keeping one light-source in mind and shading the whole character or the main parts of it accordingly (e.g. a shadow on the face and hair from the hat will add a lot more depth).

• ShadowMoonShadowMoon Member Posts: 146
    edited April 2012
    Heres better one
  • Lvingb4Lvingb4 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    lol unicorn, stupidest comment on GS. The first comment is trolling.

nice site, hope to see your progress..
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    @clock - very funny... but not very helpful, mate. I was trying to explain some changes to the character to improve the quality.
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    nice teeth lol
  • TechNoirTechNoir Member, PRO Posts: 117
    Cheers SpriteAttack, good advice.. thanks for the improvements.. I did indeed follow your killer tutorials, and have a link on my blog to your site.. :)