Art Design

Bolt2Bolt2 Member Posts: 41
Greetings GS forum!

I've made strong headway on my current project, hopefully, in the right direction. The only aspect in which I am lacking is the graphic design. This is why I beseech the community as to whether you can help me with my lack of artistic talent or point me in the right direction.

Currently I'm working with a blank slate.

The game is called 'Block Breaker'. A very simple app.

I have these 4 blocks that fall from the ceiling and, on touch, disintegrate into smaller versions of said block. I like the colours, but the design is dull and unimaginative. Could anyone kit me out with 4 square vectors with these colours?

Finally, how would you lay out the menu UI? It would have the following buttons: Play, Tutorial, Twitter and Gamecenter buttons. What's an appropriate background for an app titled 'Block Breaker'?

Can anyone point me to a good "How to create iPhone vector GUI buttons?"

Thanks

-Blackmill

PS: I use this background at the moment which works rather well image

Comments

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    TSB just gave away a graphic pack for a block style game he made (and also gave away...). Check on the forum, it should be on the first page (look for Easter gift).

That should get you going.

Follow Eating My Hat on Facebook, Twitter and our Blog
    Check out my templates in the GS Marketplace or at the store
  • Bolt2Bolt2 Member Posts: 41
    @EatingmyHat

Thanks for the info. I always check out TSB's tutorials and art packs. It's not really what I'm looking for.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

-Blackmill
  • Barking_AppsBarking_Apps Member Posts: 182
    t-shirt booth gave these out for free a while ago! I hope they come in to some use! :)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • kellykkellyk Member Posts: 51
    wow! cool graphics barkingapps!