anyone still using leopard (MacOSX 10.5)?

ipwnuipwnu Member Posts: 19
edited November -1 in Introductions
I was thinking of upgrading to snow leopard. thought it might be some good info for anyone still using leopard if the snow leopard users found it any better for gamesalad usage.

Comments

• scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    I am still on Leopard 10.5. But I do also have an iMac on 10.6.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    No problem with GameSalad on Snow Leopard, but there is a issue with old type 1 fonts in some applications like Flash. Sites I designed with 10.5 and earlier now have expanded leading issues. I have to move to an older machine to export .swf from Flash now. MAJOR problem.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    No probs on either but I am a bit more used to the nuances of non-snow.
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    Two of the main things that changed when I upgraded are: Folder Stacks could go into subfolders and it speeded up my macbook a lot.

I really recommend upgrading and the price is cheap.
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    I'm using Snow Leopard on an iMac and I'm happy I upgraded as it was cheap and my machine actually runs faster due to improved code. Of course you have to have an Intel Mac to use it. My other Mac, a 5 year old G5 Power PC is about to become an antique as it can no longer be upgraded ~sob~sob~
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    +1 for snow leopard.
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    I am. Nothing's really pushing me to upgrade. I know I will eventually, but increased speed isn't that big of an incentive yet.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Also gives you back between 5-10 gig if I remember right.
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    Thumbs up for Snow Leopard. It wasn't expensive to upgrade, is faster and I reclaimed a lot of space.
  • missmmissm Member Posts: 41
    Im using leopard...and I'm a bit scared to upgrade to snow leopard, because I have a lot of software I bought, even the cheaper ones, that I'm afraid some may not work ..

Im on an Imac 24" inches mate screen, the last white model that was made...
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    The change wasn't so different, so I don't think it affects older software like that.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Was the upgrade smooth for those who upgraded?

I want to rebuild from scratch (i.e. a clean OS install) but don't really have the time. Wondering if the upgrade was painless for a non-clean install...

(yeah, and new to Macs so forgive it there is only one method or I got the terms incorrect)