GS VERY SLOW on brand new project and Mac - PLS Help!

JagonAppsJagonApps Member Posts: 241
edited April 2012 in Tech Support
Hi!
I recently downloaded GameSalad after buying a brand new Mac Mini 2011 edition with the basic 2GB RAM i5 processor (see here: http://www.apple.com/uk/macmini/specs.html)
I then found that GameSalad was running very slow on any project I created and then hit preview - it would barely load!
So I upgraded my RAM to 4GB and still slow - I checked out the Activity Monitor and there is plenty of RAM free.

What can I do???

I know there is a MASSIVE update coming out soon which hopefully should speed it up??? But I don't think that is the problem.

I really want to try out GS properly but this is really frustrating!!!

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answers

Answers

• JagonAppsJagonApps Member Posts: 241
    I have got 678MB of free system memory (that's RAM right?) with GS open and Google Chrome
    GS is using up 840MB of real memory without clicking preview (is that RAM too?) which is 8X what Chrome uses
    GS uses 30% CPU on average and it can go up to over 100% if it tries to preview a game - even with just one action

Please help as this is really weird and I'm sure not every GS user has 8GB of RAM!!!
    Thank you everyone for your help with the matter!

I found it was a simple spawn problem - I set the actor to spawn but forgot to set a timer so it spawned thousands of times - causing a massive lag!

I guess it shows I'm still a newbie!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    edited April 2012
    Pleased you got sorted and good to have 4GB+ but GS itself has minimal ram requirements and will run fine in 2GB.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    @rob I think the min ram for ga is 1g, but I van't imagine how will it run on it since 2g is already slow
    Yeree, but I think there should be some sort of warning to let you know you are creating an action (like spawning without a timer etc.) that might cause the preview window to massively lag and crash causing data loss...this happened to me and it is very frustrating!!!