Art price estimates...

crazyfishdevcrazyfishdev Member Posts: 283
I am making an underwater game and the actual game is finished (finally!). I now want to buy art for it but need to understand how much it is going to cost because I am a student and I'm almost broke... Im looking for a more cartoon like style if that effects price

I would be looking for:
1 diver
1 or 2 fish
2 small underwater rocks
1 blue background with minor wavy textures
1 harpoon
1 missile

also willing to hire people on the forums :)
<><

(not asking for free art at all just asking for a price estimate from an artist)

Best Answers

Comments

• crazyfishdevcrazyfishdev Member Posts: 283
    email sent
    I would never underestimate :) some of my best artwork came from an 8th grader for my last game :) Is there any place i could find the pack? also messaged on Skype.
    Found the pack you made :) I love google... anyway the art looks really good... hope to talk with you on Skype for more details
    edited April 2012
    thanks everyone for the replies... @debugdesign Also love the art pack, it actually gave me some more ideas to make this game even better... Just one question.. I might only use the diverm, the puffer fish, the jelly fishes, the star fish, and the upper part of the blue background.. I was wondering if maybe you could also make a deflated puffer fish, just the blue part of background for full background( my game goes down into the depths), and maybe just one more plain fish... I am flexible and can pay more than 20 if you included the other stuff :)
    @SpriteAttack I have seen some of the art you have done and always been a fan... but like how much would you charge someone for all of that art at your level?
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @debugdesign
    No problem Ian!, you're art deserves a shout out..
    it does :)
    edited April 2012
    @debugdesign
    Just two more questions...
    in the pack are they all animated?
    and
    about how many times have you sold the pack? (just don't want my game to look like the rest of em...)
    @debugdesign
    Just one more question...
    in the pack are they all animated?
    I doubt...
    the only reason I ask is that for all of them there is an animated version for sale on his website
    anyone else have a price estimate... even if your not an artist but have bought art before that could help :)
  • poorcollegedevpoorcollegedev Member Posts: 289
    It varies between artist, but from your list, maybe $50-ish, up to $80-ish
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    are you looking for estimates to find the cheapest deal? you mentioned 20 dollars. that isnt going to net you much if you want decent quality and custom made gfx. for all that you mentioned including an animated diver id say 60-90 if it was myself.

dont try to skimp on price when it comes to art for your game. you want your game to look the best it can be. you should be willing to pay alot more than 20 bucks. and if you can't afford it then save up until you can.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Hi,

Try Basil, he is very professional and he is very quick at whipping up art.

Info(at)basilmurad.com
    edited April 2012
    thank you both for your feedback... I was debating buying an art pack for 20 bucks but it had also been sold to other people so I'm not sure about it... 50-75ish is my budget also
    thanks @Braydon_SFX just looked at his stuff and it looked really good... I'm going to have some tough choices ahead of me.... so much art!!!
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    Yes they are animated :)
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    If it helps... I don't sell much - I think the underwater pack might have sold 1or 2 at most
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Should I bother finishing these images? I'm almost done and there's already another pack...
    I would finish them then because they could help others too and could help you to show to future customers...