Illusion of depth using actors as layers

TobyToby Member Posts: 478
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Trying to find the best solution to achieve the Illusion of depth using 2 actors as layers.

- I have two identical actor images in the background overlaid on each other
- I would like to put a delay/drag on the lowest one so when the player actor moves it gives the illusion of dimension by being slightly offset from the background above depending on the direction moved.
- When the player stops moving the two backgrounds merge together again.

Get it?

Comments

• MillerEPMillerEP Member Posts: 22
    Sounds a bit like you can just constrain the back image to the top image with a slight offset and/or just map it to the same key and then make it's speed slightly slower. There is a drag feature as well if I remember correctly, but I am not that familiar with how it works.
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    M'kay, pretty sure I got it.

Try just using an "Accelerate Toward" behavior, and tweak with the numbers and drag. Hopefully that'll work, because the other solution I have in my head'll take up easily a paragraph. Maybe two ;)

@MillerEP: if you give the second actor a slightly slower speed, the distance between the two actor will slowly grow. My other solution does involve an offset, but it'd take a bunch of rules to gauge if he's moving to the left, to the right, up, down...