art apps or programs to use to make app art?

jake1995jake1995 Member Posts: 5
i was wondering what programs or apps to use that allow you to make art that you can put in a gamesalad app?

Best Answer

Answers

• patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    Illustrator for all, photoshop only for background
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    i use photoshop for everything. toonboom for animation
  • theCodeMonsterstheCodeMonsters Member Posts: 359
    I use ToonBoom for animation, Sketchbook for (you guessed it) sketching, and Photoshop for taking sketches to actual images.
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    I have been working with CorelDraw for my game art for the past two decades as my main tool. Inkscape is a good free alternative though.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    For animations you can also consider Anime Studio, it's an easy to use tool and it's not expensive.

• DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    I would really recommend Adobe Illustrator. It's an amazing tool, and very easy to learn. Although, it isn't free. Inkscape is a great (free) alternative. Looking forward to see what you make!
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    @DreamLab - illustrator is not just not free it is very expensive (and Adobe's update and price policy is daylight robbery imho). How can you get a 'very easy to learn' from it? I have been bending vectors for 20+ years now and I still hate every minute I have to work with illustrator. ;) The positive side of illustrator is the abundance of tutorials and videos explaining the taming of the 'monster'.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    @DreamLab - illustrator is not just not free it is very expensive (and Adobe's update and price policy is daylight robbery imho). How can you get a 'very easy to learn' from it? I have been bending vectors for 20+ years now and I still hate every minute I have to work with illustrator. ;) The positive side of illustrator is the abundance of tutorials and videos explaining the taming of the 'monster'.
    We use Illustrator day in and day out currently at my Highschool. I take a graphic design course, and all we use is Illustrator. So Illustrator to me, is like Corel Draw (or inkscape) to you. I tried inkscape a few times, and even looked at your tutorials you have posted, but I just revert back to Illustrator.
    IMHO, Illustrator IS easy to learn. But like most Adobe products, the interface isn't as friendly as most would like it to be. But what I do like about Adobe products is, there are always student discounts ;)

• poorcollegedevpoorcollegedev Member Posts: 289
    I recently found out about Pixen and am using it for my next game. Its great if you're looking for pixel graphics!
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    I'm a cheep scape (but I'm only in middle school) so I use Intaglio and Photoshop Elements. I found PSE on NewEgg.com at $40. New. I do wish I had Illistrator. For richer people, get Illistator. For middle, get intaglio. For the poor, use Inkscape. And there are also some purely amazing iPad vector editors like Inkpad and Intaglio Sketchpad.