Soundtrack for a Puzzle Game (Mystical?)

DeanokDeanok Member Posts: 1
I would like to hear what you have got to say about this soundtrack I made as a 'trial request' for a game. It's a 19sec loop

Any constructive criticism greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456
    Accepted Answer
    I really liked it! … soothing but energized!

played it several times … and it carries through very nicely!

image MH
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKPosts: 956
    Accepted Answer
    Not too bad, but the piano is too "bold" for a 19 sec loop. I would be turning the music off after 3 loops. Depending on the length of the level, I wouldn't rely on short loops, but rather create a full length piece which estimated the time spent on a level. Repetition isn't necessarily bad in all cases, but personally, I'd rather hear a longer set between repeats. If I were writing this, I'd still use a piano arpeggio, but not a staircase variety.
  • ZoytZoyt Posts: 374
    Accepted Answer
    Love it! Constructive criticism: After 2 runs of the loop have something like a low cello play a note for one loop then change it and do some simple stuff with it. I'm curiouse - What did you make it with?

Answers

• DeanokDeanok Member Posts: 1
    I used Logic Pro 9 (Mac), the piano sounds 'bold' due to the short lower notes on the piano - it works much better to elongate the first 3 notes of the arpeggio which makes it sound more fluent. Thank you for the comments, they are a big help.