[WIP] New character comments / feedback

StanStan Member Posts: 138
Hey everyone,
I haven't really posted on the forums that much I finally have some spare time and I decided to try and make a game with GS. I decided to make this post and use it as WIP I'd love to know everyone's opinions, feedback and comments as I work on this. Here is my main character:

Thanks

Stan

Comments

• ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Haha! Love it! Put a suitcase in his hand and he'd look like a 1920s alcohol supplier. Or just a detective. IDK. Love it though!
  • StanStan Member Posts: 138
    @Zoyt Thanks :) That's exactly what I'm going for 1920s "gangster" look. Here is "idle" animation so far, still working on it.
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    @Stan - nice work... just keep in mind how the animation will look once it's in the game - scaled down to it's actual size... You might need a bit more movement / exaggeration in order to have it visible in the game.
    @SpriteAttack Thanks, yeah I noticed that the more I scale it the more dramatic animations have to be.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Looks cool, i'd be tempted to have him blink occasionally
  • SimtasticSimtastic Member Posts: 18
    Looks really good, he is definitely a serious man!
    What i would consider of adding is maybe same shading as you have on the hat : )

Ps. Stan is a great name, what a convenience that there was a song on the radio "Stan" when i viewed this.
    Thanks everyone, @beefy_clyro yeah i was thinking about adding blinking which ill probably do today along with walk cycle. @simtastic what do you mean? I added shading to his hat, head. I didnt add shade to his body as that look very odd when animating
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    @Stan - I love it!
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Meh see? Not taking me down coper! Flat foot! Meeeeeeeeeh seeeeee?!!!

I dig it. I like his Fred Flinstonesque head. He needs to be either flipping a coin on rolling it over his knuckles with the other hand. Meh see?
  • macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    reminds me of inspector from Pink Panther
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Classic! Love it.
  • kellykkellyk Member Posts: 51
    looks interesting! i'm excited for this!
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    i can't wait to see this is a game! love the style!