TshirtBooth please help me with my game lagging!

PolarPolar Removed Posts: 35
edited April 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
I am recreating a ninja ponk game but i don't understand how i am supposed to recycle actors since after a while there will be more and more actors jumping at different speeds. Please Help!

Answers

• mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    edited April 2012
    I'd help but my name ain't tshirtbooth
  • PolarPolar Removed Posts: 35
    Hi thanks could you help?
    You'll have to go in to more detail because I've never seen Ninja Ponk, but it sounds like you'll just need to tie their speed to a game.speed attribute.

Ace
    Hi it is available on the app store and it is also based on looney lemmings by utopian games(search on gs forums)
    Oh, Ninja Pong?

I think you'll find it's the other way around, Darren based his template on Ninja Pong. Ninja Pong wasn't created in Gamesalad.

I'll do a demo... 1 minute

Ace
    yeah i know sorry if my explanation was not clear
    edited April 2012
    Done - http://www.mynameisace.com/globalSpeed.gameproj.zip
    Sorry but i needed one that gets more and more characters too and i want one that goes at random speeds. Thanks.
    By the way do you have any extra background? I know I'm asking for free art but please don't close this down i really need it.
    edited April 2012
    Then just add more actors on the screen and trigger them when you need them and change the game.speed to a random number instead of game.speed+20.

I wish people would play around with things more instead of just asking. You posted 4 minutes after I uploaded the file I created for you that shows you how to recycle with different speeds. The 4 minutes includes seeing that I'd posted, downloading, extracting and opening.

Please play around with things that people are good enough to make you. Spend an hour or two looking at what I did and try implementing it in to your game with the few modifications that you need.

As for the background, you know you cannot keep asking for free stuff or you wouldn't have told me not to close your thread. It's written quite clearly in the guidelines. I also noticed that you already have made a thread about recycling and had answers on there. Please put some time in to things.

Plus you were offering services as a graphic designer here:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/42194/anyone-needs-a-good-graphic-designer-for-hire-discounts-can-be-given-only-1-3-per-graphic#Item_0

If you cannot even create art for yourself, it's a little unprofessional to offer a paid service.

Ace
This discussion has been closed.