Jump help, player keeps floating

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I have a rule set that if spacebar (jump) is down, and right key is down, that the player will jump at an angle, in the rule, I have for .2 seconds, move at angle (upper right) at speed 175.

The problem is that the jump is complete, but if the right key is held down, she floats down, whereas I would like her to just fall without floating in the air.

How can I fix this? I've looked at the Wiki, and tried various things like change velocity but still haven't found a solution

Thank you! :)

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    Can you give us a screenshot or type out the rules?

'Til you do, the only advice I can give you is a solution that *might work*

Create a boolean attribute called "ground"...

When "player" collides or overlaps "platform".
    "Ground" is true.
    When "ground" is true and spacebar is down: jump, and "ground" is false.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Thanks Kamazar

So the Jump up rule is here: (This is jumping straight up, and includes an attribute (selfontheground) which is boolean

* THE jump up rule has given me no problems and works fine

All conditions are valid:
    When actor receives event: Key: Space keyboard is down
    Attribute changes: Self.selfontheground is: true

Change attribute: Self.Selfontheground to : False

Timer: For .5 seconds (run to completion is checked)

Move: 90 Relative to actor: move type additive
    Speed: 175

Now here is the rule for the right angle jump:

When all conditions are valid:

Actor receives event: Key Space keyboard is down, " " Key Right Keyboard is down
    attribute: Self.selfonthegroundistrue

Change attribute: Self on the ground to false

Timer: For .2 seconds (Run to completion)

Move direction: 34 (right angle) relative to actor, move type additive Speed: 175

What happens is the player jumps once, but if you continue to hold the right key, she "Floats" down instead of just falling like the jump up maneuver

I've tried several different things like change velocity, etc but it doesn't seem to work

Thank you!
  • MillerEPMillerEP Member Posts: 22
    What is your gravity set to? Maybe you can try tweaking the drag and gravity to achieve the effect you're going for.
    I could try to tweak with that, but the "jump up" is normal, and the main character falls and doesn't float, it's when I implemented the left and right angle jump that she floats, and it's only when I hold the right or left key down.
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/254/picture2phh.png

Here's a link to my rules for right angle jump, when the right key is held, she floats on the way down instead of falling

I don't have this problem with my jump up rule, but the jump right is an issue